ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shahid00087
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Skilled worker visa

Post by Shahid00087 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi all respected members I need information about uk work permit visa my brother from Pakistan and currently living in Saudi Arabia and he got heavy license from Saudi Arabia my question is can he apply for driving in UK obviously he need sponsorship from the company as well and if he can what will be the process?
Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Skilled worker visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:46 pm

Not all drivers licences are exchangeable in the UK. An HGV licence holder in the UK also has other requirements that must be met.

A driver is unlikely to qualify for a skilled worker visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Hello

HGV Driver, Occupation 8211 is not eligible to Skilled Worker Visa.

See this list towards the end:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-codes

However HGV Driving Instructor could be eligible but he needs specific experience and qualifications to be an instructor and these qualifications are to be earned in the UK. Even if he progresses as an Instructor in Saudi Arabia, his qualifications won't be accepted by employer in the UK as this profession is highly regulated so credentials are to be from the UK (earned in the UK or converted after extensive training and exams).

So by the fact of it, your brother doesn't qualify under this route with the skillset he has at the moment.

Shahid00087
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shahid00087 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:18 pm

Thanks guys for kind information and also I just check the skilled worker list there is one option for web developer my brother is web developer after his degree he is doing same job for the organisation my question is can he apply for java developer and how to get sponsorship from the company?