ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship with PR and Settled Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mamin1982
Newly Registered
Pakistan

British Citizenship with PR and Settled Status

Post by mamin1982 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm

Hello

My wife is planning to apply for British Citizenship. She got her Permanent residence in August 2019 then she travelled out of the country and came back to UK in Feb 2020. she applied for settled status in Dec2020 and got her settled status in January 2021.

Now she has both PR and settled status. can anyone please tell me can we apply for her citizenship now as she has PR for more then 12 or do we have to wait another 12 months because she got settled status recently.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship with PR and Settled Status

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:44 pm

Your wife could apply now on the basis of EU PR as long as she's got a Document Certifying Permanent Residence, i.e. card or letter. The EU PR card is valid until 30 June 2021 for that purpose. Or she could apply on the basis being spouse of a British citizen "3 year residency route" - not sure from your previous posts if you have already got your citizenship.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.