ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Tier 2 and ILR

Post by Tiger77 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:37 am

Hello

I am aware tier 2 migrants whose role is on the shortage occupation list only require 80% of the going rate of their salary. Does this also apply when a migrant applies for ILR or in settlement migrants need to meet the going rate requirements as a minimum?

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Continuous residence

Post by Tiger77 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:43 pm

I’m on tier 2 visa and will be applying for ILR next week . I had a passport that I used in the first year of my employment 5 years ago that expired and was withdrawn from me . Do I need to submit any new documents to proof my continuous resistance in the U.K. for that year since I no longer have that passport?

It would be nice to know how the home office assesses the continuous residence requirements for tier 2 and skilled worker visa holders ?

vinny

Re: Continuous residence

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:52 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Post by Tiger77 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Thank you Vinny
I have read the appendix but it doesn’t mention how the residence requirements has to be met in terms of the documents and evidence ? How does the home office establish such criteria is met ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:53 pm

With difficulty?

Usually, an applicant lists all the absences for the caseworker.

Without passports, I think you may supply alternative evidence of travel, such as travel tickets, boarding cards or itinerary, etc,. Employers should also authorize absences.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Post by Tiger77 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:58 am

What I want to understand is it the HO relies received from airlines to work out the continuous residence or the information provided by the applicant?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:34 am

What does continuous residence mean?
The applicant must show all of the following:
  • they have lived in the UK with relevant permission
  • their residence is lawful
  • they have not been absent for more than the specified periods, unless for permitted reasons
I think the onus is on the applicant to provide the evidence.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:37 pm

They may verify the information that you provide.

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Post by Tiger77 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:29 pm

Thank you vinny
Is there any caseworker guidance on this ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:14 am

Tiger77
United Kingdom

ILR continues residence

Post by Tiger77 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:43 pm

Hello

I’m applying for ILR in coming days . I have used two passports during last 5 years of my tier 2 visa . I no longer have the first passport as it was withdrawn from me from the authorities. What do I need to do in this case ? Do I need to provide additional evidence to prove my continuous residence in the first year when I used the expired passport?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:16 am

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Re: ILR continues residence

Post by Tiger77 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:03 pm

Tiger77 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:43 pm
Hello

I’m applying for ILR in coming days . I have used two passports during last 5 years of my tier 2 visa . I no longer have the first passport as it was withdrawn from me from the authorities. What do I need to do in this case ? Do I need to provide additional evidence to prove my continuous residence in the first year when I used the expired passport?
can someone help with my question please?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:50 pm

No. Just tell the UKVI that your passport has been surrendered to the authorities
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Post by Tiger77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:00 pm

Thank you zimba but how will they confirm my continuous residence in this case considering they cannot see the entry and exit stamps of my old passport?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:01 am

Tiger77 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:00 pm
Thank you zimba but how will they confirm my continuous residence in this case considering they cannot see the entry and exit stamps of my old passport?
You do not need to confirm your residence to the UKVI. They have access to all entry records as well as most exit records
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Post by Tiger77 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Thank you zimba
How are the entry date collected ? On arrival when documents are presented to the immigration officer and visas are checked and biometrics are taken or through airlines ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:15 pm

Tiger77 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:56 pm
Thank you zimba
How are the entry date collected ? On arrival when documents are presented to the immigration officer and visas are checked and biometrics are taken or through airlines ?
Entry records are always recorded by the border force every single time you enter the UK

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Post by Tiger77 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:28 pm

That’s great as this gives me assurance that the withdrawn passport won’t have any impact on my ILR . Is there any guidance where I can read more about this please?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:55 pm

Tiger77 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:28 pm
That’s great as this gives me assurance that the withdrawn passport won’t have any impact on my ILR . Is there any guidance where I can read more about this please?
It has no influence. UKVI can get a good picture of your travels as you can see.
Here is a factsheet about exit checks: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... fact-sheet

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Post by Tiger77 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:19 pm

Perfect thank you Zimba! :)