ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous immigration breach and making a British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shoaib_msd
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Previous immigration breach and making a British Citizenship application

Post by Shoaib_msd » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi All,

I need some advise on good character requirement for naturalisation application please.
I recently been granted settle status under Surinder Singh and now want to apply for British citizenship but not sure if I meet good character requirement.

I first came to UK in 2005 as a student and in 2009 my student visa extension application was refused due to deception. I then left UK voluntarily in July 2010 with one year re- entry ban on any future entry clearance applications.

So in 2015 I applied for EEA family permit as my wife (British National) moved to Europe to excercise treaty rights and it was granted and then EEA2 was issued in 2015 as well for 5 years and now I have been granted settle status in 2020.

My question is do I need to wait until July 2021 to apply for British citizenship as I left UK in July 2010 but the one year re entry ban expired in July 2011. I was out of UK until 2015 when eea family permit was issued to me.

Can you please share your understanding of the above matter please. Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Previous immigration breach and making a British Citizenship application

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:05 pm

You can apply in 2021. Ten years after the expiration of your entry ban. That would give you 10 year clear immigration history.

Shoaib_msd
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Previous immigration breach and making a British Citizenship application

Post by Shoaib_msd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:25 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply Zerubbabel.

I have spoken to quite a few people about this and one of them told me if someone has previously breached any immigration rules and then left UK then their 10 years period start from the day that person either receives their entry clearance or arrive in UK back again on valid Visa. I am sure this is not correct but if this is I may have to wait till 2025.

Can you please advise on above?