ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

BRP Query

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:26 pm

Hi,
I am working in the UK on Tier 2 General visa. I have my wife and 2 children as dependents. Last year I switched my job and the new employer applied for the new BRP for myself.
I was going through the posts and saw some posts where people when applying for job switch, applied for their dependents as well. I am confused and worried as when I switched my job, I only applied for my new BRP as I was told that the existing BRPs of my dependents would remain valid and I didn’t need to apply for my dependents. Can someone please clarify.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: BRP Query

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:53 pm

No need to be worried. As long as you hold a Tier 2 or skilled worker visa their visa remains valid. When you changed employer there was no need for your dependents to renew their visas. Their status relies on you and is not linked to your employer.

Just a point to note... make sure you remember to renew their visas on the visa expiry dates 👍