ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Extension Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi,

I am applying for UK Spouse Visa Extension. Is the date of application considered to be the date when I submit it electronically (I think it is this one) or the date when I created the application? Please do answer.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Visa Extension Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:59 pm

Thanks so much :)

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi,

I have some queries re. UK spouse visa extension application. These are:

1. My husband has received letter from his employer confirming his employment and the rest of the details via e-mail. It is a digital copy. Is this okay or has it to be posted at home address? Guessing since it has to uploaded digitally, does this make any difference.

2. We don't have anything jointly except council tax. Hence the number of correspondence for each of us will be 5 as we have council tax in joint names? I am going to submit my application in the first week of March 2021. The council tax is for financial year 2020/2021 and date of issue is 13 March 2020.

3. Also council tax is not a utility bill so my husband and I don't have to sign anything together in the declaration section? As applicant, I have to sign Part 1 Consent for the Home Office to verify application information. Only my husband (or me as well?) has to sign Part 2 Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information and Part 3 Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor. This is only my husband as I am only showing his salary/finances?

4. My husband has his employment contract when he joined the company (in 2019). At the time, he was on probation. However, the recent employer letter does say that he is employed full-time on a permanent basis.

5. The mortgage statements that we have is of date 05 December 2020. Do you think, I should have a recent one or will this do?

6. He receives electronic payslips so I will be providing these. The thing is that he had his account with Halifax before and now it is with Natwest. So for the period Sept- Nov, 2020 I will show statements from Halifax and from Dec - Feb 2020 - 2021 it will be Natwest. I hope this will be okay.

7. P60 should be for the last year 2020, I think?

Many thanks

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Hi,

Could someone respond please or direct to a thread which has got most of the answers to my queries?

Many thanks

M35D
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by M35D » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:26 pm

dave000 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:09 pm
Hi,

1. My husband has received letter from his employer confirming his employment and the rest of the details via e-mail. It is a digital copy. Is this okay or has it to be posted at home address? Guessing since it has to uploaded digitally, does this make any difference.
That should be okay.

2. We don't have anything jointly except council tax. Hence the number of correspondence for each of us will be 5 as we have council tax in joint names? I am going to submit my application in the first week of March 2021. The council tax is for financial year 2020/2021 and date of issue is 13 March 2020.
Just make sure all correspondences for the past 2 years are evenly spread out with 3-4 month gaps. Or you can try adjust it here and there to fit the March 2020 Council Tax in.

3. Also council tax is not a utility bill so my husband and I don't have to sign anything together in the declaration section? As applicant, I have to sign Part 1 Consent for the Home Office to verify application information. Only my husband (or me as well?) has to sign Part 2 Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information and Part 3 Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor. This is only my husband as I am only showing his salary/finances?

4. My husband has his employment contract when he joined the company (in 2019). At the time, he was on probation. However, the recent employer letter does say that he is employed full-time on a permanent basis.
That should be okay.

5. The mortgage statements that we have is of date 05 December 2020. Do you think, I should have a recent one or will this do?

6. He receives electronic payslips so I will be providing these. The thing is that he had his account with Halifax before and now it is with Natwest. So for the period Sept- Nov, 2020 I will show statements from Halifax and from Dec - Feb 2020 - 2021 it will be Natwest. I hope this will be okay.
No worries with this one as long as the Payment is there. You can explain it in the Covering Letter just to make sure.

7. P60 should be for the last year 2020, I think?
I was asked for P60 too, even though only providing 6 months payslips, but I have provided the 2020 P60.

Many thanks
Only answered what I was able to. I'm no expert, but from personal experience. Hope it helps.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:57 pm

dave000 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:09 pm
Hi,

1. My husband has received letter from his employer confirming his employment and the rest of the details via e-mail. It is a digital copy. Is this okay or has it to be posted at home address? Guessing since it has to uploaded digitally, does this make any difference. This is fine.

2. We don't have anything jointly except council tax. Hence the number of correspondence for each of us will be 5 as we have council tax in joint names? I am going to submit my application in the first week of March 2021. The council tax is for financial year 2020/2021 and date of issue is 13 March 2020. Does your current cohabitation proof covers the last 2 years with the gap although you can d 3-4 months or 4-5 months as well to accommodate the council tax

3. Also council tax is not a utility bill so my husband and I don't have to sign anything together in the declaration section? As applicant, I have to sign Part 1 Consent for the Home Office to verify application information. Only my husband (or me as well?) has to sign Part 2 Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information and Part 3 Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor. This is only my husband as I am only showing his salary/finances? Applicant sign consent 1 and sponsor sign consent 3 and leave consent 3 alone because third party sponsor is not allowed.

4. My husband has his employment contract when he joined the company (in 2019). At the time, he was on probation. However, the recent employer letter does say that he is employed full-time on a permanent basis. No need to include employment contract

5. The mortgage statements that we have is of date 05 December 2020. Do you think, I should have a recent one or will this do? If you are able to get a recent one otherwise this should suffice.

6. He receives electronic payslips so I will be providing these. The thing is that he had his account with Halifax before and now it is with Natwest. So for the period Sept- Nov, 2020 I will show statements from Halifax and from Dec - Feb 2020 - 2021 it will be Natwest. I hope this will be okay. This is fine as long as it is covering the periods you are relying upon

7. P60 should be for the last year 2020, I think? P60 is optional and it is does not reflect the periods to which you have been paid since it is issued once a year. I won't include it as it won't any difference

Many thanks
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:32 pm

Many thanks M35D and TODMATT. The answers that you have provided are very useful.

TODMATT,

Re. query no. 3: Just want to confirm the declaration part with you. Am I right in understanding, that part 1 is for the applicant to sign and part 3 for my husband alone? Part 2 should be left empty (write NA) even if we provide council tax (which is in joint name) for correspondence? I find the declaration part bit confusing so thought to double check with you.

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:02 am

Hi,

Could anybody please answer my query re. declaration form? Also, I am submitting my application tomorrow so does it matter if the bank statements that I have requested from the bank arrive after the date of submission (I mean if the date on the statement is after 1st of March). The bank statements refer to the period from Sept 2020 to Feb 2021 anyway. I think it shouldn't mind even if I include any correspondences that arrive after the date of application submission?

Please answer.

Many thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:37 am

dave000 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:32 pm
Many thanks M35D and TODMATT. The answers that you have provided are very useful.

TODMATT,

Re. query no. 3: Just want to confirm the declaration part with you. Am I right in understanding, that part 1 is for the applicant to sign and part 3 for my husband alone? Part 2 should be left empty (write NA) even if we provide council tax (which is in joint name) for correspondence? I find the declaration part bit confusing so thought to double check with you.
Consent 1 for applicant and consent 2 is for the sponsor.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:36 am

Many thanks TODMATT

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:02 am

Hi,

I have my biometrics appointment next Monday. I have uploaded all my documents hence I don't think I should carry them all with me on the appointment day? Or should I? Please answer.

Of course, I will take my passport and brp with me.

Thanks.

dave000
India

Post by dave000 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi,

Could somebody reply pls. Or is it that I need to post my query under "Covid 19 and UKVCAS Appointments"?

Thanks.