ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to work a maximum of 20 hours with two contracts as a Tier 4 Student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SHSol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How to work a maximum of 20 hours with two contracts as a Tier 4 Student

Post by SHSol » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:25 pm

I was wondering if you could help me. I have applied for my ILR in Nov 2020 and I am waiting for a response. I am also doing a PhD and I work part time with a 20 hrs contract. I have never exceeded the work limit but I have been asked to do 4 hours of teaching at my University now. This will be only for two months. Can I ask for some unpaid leave in my existing part time job? I am trying to see what is the correct approach not to exceed my 20 hour limit.
Many thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How to work a maximum of 20 hours with two contracts as a Tier 4 Student

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:29 pm

Hello

The only way to not to exceed 20 hours a week is to work less than 20 hours a week.

If you have 2 jobs, one requiring you to do 20 hours and another 4, you are at 24 hours and therefore in breach.

Either you don't do the 4-hour job or ask your first job to reduce your contractual hours to 16 so you will get room for another 4 hours.

SHSol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: How to work a maximum of 20 hours with two contracts as a Tier 4 Student

Post by SHSol » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:39 pm

Should they change the contract? I was thinking of getting unpaid leave and only work 16 hours in my first job.