ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shahid ch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Second marriage

Post by Shahid ch » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:32 am

Hi plz help me friends
I was been married in uk 4years ago in london
I get 2.5 year leave on article 8
Last year I visit my family in pakistan they force me to get
Second marriage with my family girl I just did nika I'm not happy with this ans she still live with her parents when I come back uk my first wife find out
Then she said to me go back and finsh the second one
When I come back my family also angry as well
Now 4 months I'm still in Pakistan
And my uk wife said to me mounth ago I tell the ho we are separat now
I check my right to work is still valid I really want to come back
My visa finsh In 10/06/2021 if I go back uk the second marriage is trouble for me
Plz help me I did not proper ceremony the second marriage
She still live with her family
I really appreciate if any body help me

Shahid ch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa curtailed

Post by Shahid ch » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:18 pm

Hi friends I need urgent advice plz
I was been marriaged in uk with British women 4years ago I get Visa 2.5 years on article 8
5 months ago I visit my family back home pakistan
They forced me for other marriage I just did nika and go back I mean the second wife still at her parents home when I come back uk my uk wife find my second nika she said to me go back and finish this when I come back my family also angry
Now I'm still in pakistan till 4 months and uk wife said to me mounth ago I tell home office we are separat
I check my right to work is still valid my Visa finish in June I really want to come back
My question is is this second marriage is trouble for me can she take any action against me coz my 10 year complete after 3 months lawfully
Plz help me I dont want leve my uk wife she doesn't understand
Plz help can I go back

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Second marriage

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:02 pm

If your UK spouse has already informed the HO that the marriage is no longer subsisting then it will preclude you from extending your visa under the spouse / HR route.

Will it prevent your return to the UK, it is unlikely that the Home Office will have curtailed a HR visa. But they could have if they have established you are out of the UK. So it is important that you formally establish if your BRP is valid prior to your return.

Shahid ch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shahid ch » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:20 am

Thanks for replay
Coz my right of work stil showing
If I go back if she said I get second marriage in pakistan
They arrest me or simply they send me back
Can I try to go back

Shahid ch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shahid ch » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:35 am

What you suggest me coz my visa expir after 3 months
If I go back they stop me on airport or may be they give me entry plz let me know

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:53 am

Hello

Nobody is going to arrest you. They don't arrest people in the UK just like that.

You went to the Pakistan, got married and your first wife found out. I don't believe a second they marry men by force in Pakistan but I am not here to judge you.

The second marriage, was it civil or just islamic? Islamic marriages are not recognised in the UK. So it means you are not married twice but just once.

Shahid ch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shahid ch » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:34 pm

It's just nika and she still live with her parents
And my visa finsh after 3months
And still my right to work showing valid
Can uk border stop me if I come
Thanks for reply

Shahid ch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shahid ch » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Is just Islamic marriage

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:21 pm

BF may question you on your return IF the Home Office systems identify you as a returning spouse where the marriage is noted as no longer subsisting. If your wife has formally withdrawn her sponsorship then the reason for your return will be questioned. If the BF officer is not pursued by your reasoning they can refuse entry on the basis of change of circumstances and intent. Your visa would have to be curtailed but I believe you would have a right of appeal. You would be given temporary admission and probably put on periodic reporting to an immigration centre.

How likely is the chain of events above - very likely if your spouse has reported the marriage breakdown.

While under temporary admission you do not have the right to work, are unable to access benefits and are in a state of immigration limbo.

Without the support of your spouse to make an extension application you would have to find another immigration route to remain in the UK. You would struggle to meet most immigration route requirements if under temporary admission.

With so little time on your remaining visa and the background story I am inclined to believe that you are going to struggle with convincing anyone that your motivation to return to the UK is to continue with your marriage.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:53 pm

Reading your posts and bringing together your immigration history it is not inconceivable that your second marriage was fully planned and was intended as the next stage of your continued stay in the UK.

It is not a great leap to believe that your intention was to marry in secret, gain ILR, divorce your wife and then bring your new wife to the UK. There are flaws in the plan but those would be readily overcome with an administrative marriage in Pakistan.

Your contention about the second marriage being “only” an Islamic marriage is probably offensive to many people who share your faith and while for UK immigration purposes it does not meet the requirements, it is formally recognised in Pakistan.

This scenario almost looks like a business transaction - marry my daughter, but she stays at home still you sort out yourself in the UK... once you can offer a route to a spouse visa... then you can be together.

Your whole storyline that you describe is very different from my understanding of cultural norms and seems like an attempt at “explaining” yourself once you were caught out.

I will read with interest how this unfolds. Good luck on your return to the UK.