ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation letter did not received.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parkash1234
India

Invitation letter did not received.

Post by Parkash1234 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Hi Experts

I have received case decision via email on 12th JAN that my citizenship has been successful and I shall wait for the letter to be received by post. Nothing been received yet and I'm out of country. Can you please advise what to do? Many Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Invitation letter did not received.

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:06 pm

Parkash1234 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:28 pm
I have received case decision via email on 12th JAN that my citizenship has been successful and I shall wait for the letter to be received by post. Nothing been received yet
Also see this thread and discuss your case there.
Parkash1234 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:28 pm
I'm out of country
You'll have to return to the UK to attend the citizenship ceremony and apply for your first British passport.

There have been two recent cases where after the applicants had attended the citizenship ceremony in the UK, they were investigated because they made their first British passport application from abroad.

If you are currently an Indian citizen, you may then have to surrender your Indian passport and apply for OCI before returning to India (if that is your short-term goal).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.