ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee - teacher

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rob1980
Newly Registered
European Union

Proof of residence when unemployed

Post by Rob1980 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a European citizen applying to UK naturalisation with EU Settled Status.
In 2017 I left my job and return to my home country for four months before coming back to the UK. From early 2017 to mid 2018 I was looking for a new job.
I was expecting to find job shortly and therefore did not register as a jobseeker and was not receiving any allowance. I have emails of my job search and interviews for the whole time. Will that be enough to justify my residence?
Also is it ok that I did not have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance when looking for a job?

Thanks,
Rob

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of residence when unemployed

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:39 pm

Hello

During this time (roughly 18 months between early 2017 to mid-2018) can you produce any solid proof address such as council tax, utility bill (gas, electricity, water), any letter from DVLA, NHS, HMRC?

Emails you sent or received won't work as they can be sent from anywhere in the world. You don't want it to be argued that you were out of the UK for 18 months.

Rob1980
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by Rob1980 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:54 pm

Many thanks for the response - I really appreciate the help!

I was subletting a room and the bills were included in the rent so I don't have any official proof of address apart from bank statements. Would bank statements showing my daily transactions (supermarket, tube) in London work ?

The job search emails are also showing that the interviews were arranged in London.

Rob1980
Newly Registered
European Union

I don't have details of my parents

Post by Rob1980 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:26 pm

Hi there, I am applying for UK citizenship and there is a part in the application form about parents' details. I am not speaking with my parents anymore and I do not know their exact date and place of birth. Is it ok to leave it blank ? Do I need to add notes to explain my situation? Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: I don't have details of my parents

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:09 pm

Where you don't have the information you can put "not known".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rob1980
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by Rob1980 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:41 am

Rob1980 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:54 pm
Many thanks for the response - I really appreciate the help!

I was subletting a room and the bills were included in the rent so I don't have any official proof of address apart from bank statements. Would bank statements showing my daily transactions (supermarket, tube) in London work ?

The job search emails are also showing that the interviews were arranged in London.
Does anyone have any views on this ?

Would official disclosure of travels from Home Office borders system (OP02 Passenger History) be acceptable to justify my trips and that I was present in the UK when looking for a job ?

Rob1980
Newly Registered
European Union

Referee - teacher

Post by Rob1980 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Hello,

I am applying for british citizenship and I am struggling to find a professional referee. I see “teacher” is listed as acceptable professional. Would a drama workshop teacher be suitable as teacher? Or does it have to be a public teacher such as a university professor?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee - teacher

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Rob1980 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:06 pm
Hello,

I am applying for british citizenship and I am struggling to find a professional referee. I see “teacher” is listed as acceptable professional. Would a drama workshop teacher be suitable as teacher? Or does it have to be a public teacher such as a university professor?

Thanks
It would need to be a teacher who is a registered teacher with the appropriate professional regulatory body.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.