ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application - Proof of living in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahimpower
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Naturalisation application - Proof of living in the UK

Post by fahimpower » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm

I currently have ILR and am applying for naturalisation.

I wanted to clarify what do we need to provide as support for "Proof of living in the UK for X for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen"?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application - Proof of living in the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Your passport(s) covering the residency period.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

skasyap
India

Re: Naturalisation application - Proof of living in the UK

Post by skasyap » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:13 pm

fahimpower wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm
I currently have ILR and am applying for naturalisation.

I wanted to clarify what do we need to provide as support for "Proof of living in the UK for X for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen"?
If you are non eea then your passport. You should have all the stamps on your passport whenever you left the UK and entered again.

If there are no stamps for an e.g. you are an eea national or family member of an eea national who had residence card / permanent residence card and never got stamped on your passport then use p60 or P45. On a safe side you can also attach council letter for that period.