ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

340days at once absence (550in5ys):chances of Naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akhil_1
Newly Registered

340days at once absence (550in5ys):chances of Naturalisation

Post by akhil_1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Dear all
friend of mine (on ILR via WP dependent route) spent 340 days (not in the final year before application for BC) in India in one go due to complications related to her dental implant surgery - the implant was first rejected then she had severe inflammation then rejected again.. Nightmare...
What do you all think of her chances for getting naturalised are?
We have read in the guide that person should not spend more then 6 months without a valid reason such as serious illness etc. I wonder whether her situation can fall into this category as she has spent 340 days and I am not sure whether her case could be treated as serious illness which in fact was - almost whole year on painkillers and antibiotics, pure girl!

Would be very grateful if you could share your opinions please and advise what can help in her case.
Last edited by akhil_1 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 pm

Given that 340 is less than 450 I cannot see the problem here. Unless you are saying that one absence was 340 days, but the total in the 5 years exceeds 450 days?
John

akhil_1
Newly Registered

Post by akhil_1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:16 am

thank you, John

yes, that`s the case - 340 days spent in one go and the total number of days out would be more than 500

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:23 am

Ah right, so the question is not really about one out period of 340 days. It is about the total exceeding 450 days.

More than 500 days .... how much more?
John

akhil_1
Newly Registered

Post by akhil_1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 pm

I guess about 550 days in total.

She is worried about 340 days spent at once as the Citizenship Guide states (page 6):

"Applicants who have been outside the UK for 6 months or more in any one of the 5 years
residence period will be seen to have ‘broken’ their residence. However, this does not apply
in the following circumstances:
1. Period of absence from the UK due to military service
2. Any one absence from the UK not exceeding 12 months for an important reason such as pregnancy and childbirth, serious illness, study or vocational training or an overseas posting."