ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One visa entry missing on the passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadasif

One visa entry missing on the passport

Post by saadasif » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:00 pm

Hi guys,

This forum helped me a lot when I was stuck to get ILR so hopefully I will get help again from you honest people.

Now I am applying for British Citizenship. My visa history is I came to UK in 2015 on student visa and was on student visa until 2010 and then got PSW visa. The problem is one visa is missing which is the one before PSW. The last visa stamp I found on my passport before PSW visa was expired in 2009 and I applied PSW in 2010. Now I cannot find a visa between 2009 and 2010. I am filling Citizenship form and they are asking my visa history where I need to mention these visa's.

Please help me as I am bit worried now.

Thanks in advance

skasyap
India

Re: One visa entry missing on the passport

Post by skasyap » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:26 pm

saadasif wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:00 pm
Hi guys,

This forum helped me a lot when I was stuck to get ILR so hopefully I will get help again from you honest people.

Now I am applying for British Citizenship. My visa history is I came to UK in 2015 on student visa and was on student visa until 2010 and then got PSW visa.

Looks like you have got your date mixed up
The problem is one visa is missing which is the one before PSW. The last visa stamp I found on my passport before PSW visa was expired in 2009 and I applied PSW in 2010. Now I cannot find a visa between 2009 and 2010. I am filling Citizenship form and they are asking my visa history where I need to mention these visa's.

before PSW, you must have applied for student visa. You just need to provide the name on which you made the application, rough date when you made the application, was application made inside the UK or outside and if biometric was taken as part of the application and when.

You are thinking too much about missing stamp if it was in 2010. You need to list you travel history for last 5 years and if married to BC then 3 years. You can also prove your continuous residence by using p60/p45/Council tax and all

Thanks in advance

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:58 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:26 pm
saadasif wrote:
Hi guys,

Now I am applying for British Citizenship. My visa history is I came to UK in 2015 on student visa and was on student visa until 2010 and then got PSW visa.

The problem is one visa is missing which is the one before PSW. The last visa stamp I found on my passport before PSW visa was expired in 2009 and I applied PSW in 2010. Now I cannot find a visa between 2009 and 2010. I am filling Citizenship form and they are asking my visa history where I need to mention these visa's.

before PSW, you must have applied for student visa. You just need to provide the name on which you made the application, rough date when you made the application, was application made inside the UK or outside and if biometric was taken as part of the application and when.

You are thinking too much about missing stamp if it was in 2010. You need to list you travel history for last 5 years and if married to BC then 3 years. You can also prove your continuous residence by using p60/p45/Council tax and all

Thanks in advance
Thank you for your reply :)

yeah you are right, I came in 2005 not 2015. sorry for the typo.

I got my ILR via 10 years route and in the citizenship forum, they have asked your applications history so I need to mentioned all of them. Will they not check my passport for visa stamps?

I do not remember the dates of applications but I can guess month, will it be ok?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm

What was the exact question that the form asks?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm

saadasif wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:58 pm
skasyap wrote:
saadasif wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

I got my ILR via 10 years route and in the citizenship forum, they have asked your applications history so I need to mentioned all of them. Will they not check my passport for visa stamps?

I do not remember the dates of applications but I can guess month, will it be ok?
You will be absolutely fine with that so do not worry much. It clearly says Date of application, if known - so do your best and try giving as close to when you could have made the application.

No they are not going to check stamp on your passport to verify the date.

Question says
1) Name in which you made the application (your name which you used to make the application )
2) date of application if known - ( in my application I simply stated like April 2010 )
3) enter your reference number if known ( if you had any communication via email or letter then you can find that)
4) was the application made in UK - Yes /no
5) were your fingerprints taken as part of this application: Yes /no and date if you known

So do not stress much about Stamp as you are not going to use that stamp as continues residence in the uk for last 5 years or 3 years. And even if the stamp was missing for continuous residence you can simply use other documents to prove that.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:29 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm
I am applying online and form link is below

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1608680543

Question in the form is below:

Additional previous applications
Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm

skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm
saadasif wrote:
skasyap wrote:
saadasif wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

You will be absolutely fine with that so do not worry much. It clearly says Date of application, if known - so do your best and try giving as close to when you could have made the application.

Question says
1) Name in which you made the application (your name which you used to make the application )
2) date of application if known - ( in my application I simply stated like April 2010 )
3) enter your reference number if known ( if you had any communication via email or letter then you can find that)
5) were your fingerprints taken as part of this application: Yes /no and date if you known

So do not stress much about Stamp as you are not going to use that stamp as continues residence in the uk for last 5 years or 3 years. And even if the stamp was missing for continuous residence you can simply use other documents to prove that.

Amazing, you are very helpful. One more question please. I need to provide 2 referee details. I am confuse what to write down for the below question

How does the referee know the applicant?

Can I write friend for both as they both are my friend. One is Chartered Accountant and other is just accountant but not certified.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:41 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm
oh wow, you are vinny. You helped my friend a lot on this form so he mentioned me about this form. :)

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm

saadasif wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm
skasyap wrote:
saadasif wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Question says

Amazing, you are very helpful. One more question please. I need to provide 2 referee details. I am confuse what to write down for the below question

Can I write friend for both as they both are my friend. One is Chartered Accountant and other is just accountant but not certified.
Yes, if you wrote friend it is more than enough.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:58 pm

skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm
saadasif wrote:
skasyap wrote:
saadasif wrote:

Question says

Thank you skasyap for your quick replies and help.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:18 pm

saadasif wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:58 pm
skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm
saadasif wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Question says

Thank you skasyap for your quick replies and help.
No problem and all the best. Most of us have been through this plus I panic more than anyone else so I completely understand where you coming from. Just make sure you check your questions and answers carefully before submitting. Good luck 🤞

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:07 pm

As @skasyap already mentioned, you only have to provide last 5 years proof of residence (assuming you are not married to a British). You only need passport(s) and stamp(s) covering qualifying period 2016-2021. Your 2009 visa stamp(s) and student visa sticker is irrelevant. You do not have to provide old passports.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.