ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) refused because bf awaiting for a council house???

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

myrlabelle

FLR(M) refused because bf awaiting for a council house???

Post by myrlabelle » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:34 pm

hi all!
my bf and i are planning to get married (i am currently on a student visa and we are expecting our baby in 4 weeks!)
my visa runs out the end of November but will apply for an extention.
if i am granted the extension, we would like to get married and start applying for a spouse visa.
Now, he gets benefits but will soon stop claiming them as he got a new job that pays £18k/yr.
he is also registered as a homeless single father (has a kid from a previous marriage) and is awaiting for a council house/flat.

question1: Could our application be refused because he is registered as homeless, single father and is waiting for a council house? is that considered as 'recourse to public funds'??

Question2: is 18k/yr (before tax) considered enough money to support my application?
Thank you ever so much for any answers xx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Please don't start two related topics.

Let's keep all discussion in the following topic :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I am now going to close this.
John