ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Matekoss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

When to apply for SET (M)

Post by Matekoss » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 pm

Hi everyone 👋🏽

I wonder if you can help me.

I have been living in the U.K. since March 2016 on a spouse visa with my husband. I will have been here 60 months in March 2021. However the expiry date on my BRP (for my second lot of 2.5 years on flr(m)) is May 14th 2021.

Can I apply 28 days before March 2021, or 28 days before May 14th when my BRP expires? I’ve seen conflicting advice online so would like to ask the experts on these boards.

Thank you for your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: When to apply for SET (M)

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:20 pm

There is no conflicting advice, just people making their own assumptions.
It is 28 days from completing your 5 years counting from the first date of entry to the UK. Your visa expiry is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:06 pm

Ok great - thank you. So I am eligible to apply now, and have until visa expiry to submit it - is that correct?

With that in mind, I am trying to work out whether to wait until more fast-track services open up as I don't really fancy the 6 month turnaround if I can help it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:11 pm

Ljm1989 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:06 pm
Ok great - thank you. So I am eligible to apply now, and have until visa expiry to submit it - is that correct?

With that in mind, I am trying to work out whether to wait until more fast-track services open up as I don't really fancy the 6 month turnaround if I can help it.
Why have you registered a second username to continue asking questions when you have a long running existing topic where advice has been given??

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-spouse-5 ... l#p1993340

Multiple usernames is strictly NOT permitted on the forum.

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.