ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent’s consent for MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rdt2717
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1 form

Post by rdt2717 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Hi everyone!

Just want to ask regarding my son’s MN1 application.

upon reading through the form, it is asking for a referee, is it applicable to all ages even below 2 years old? If yes, who are the ones eligible that we can ask to become his referee?

Thank you all for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 form

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:16 pm

All applicants need two referees. One professional (on the ukvi list) of any nationality and one British citizen who is over 25.

Page 24 in linked document below

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rdt2717
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1 application

Post by rdt2717 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:22 pm

Good day everyone!

I hope someone can help me with my queries.

I have just been granted ILR and I am about to apply my son using MN1. I just want to ask regarding the following.

1. My son was born in the UK on July 2019 and I have been granted ILR February 2021. I’m I correct that he can apply using MN1 for to register as British Citizen?

2. Regarding the referee, I have tried contacting the health visitor and GP but unfortunately they are not able to provide us with their details as they have not really been in contact with us especially during this COVID. I am correct that we can use adult referee in this case?

3. Both our referees are British Citizen who are over 25 years old and a Nurse in profession. Is this okay?

4. Also, does my son need to do Biometrics still?

Many thanks!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 application

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:33 pm

1) Yes.

2) But why do you need that when you have a Nurse? A Nurse if professionally engaged with the child can be used. Even if not professionally engaged with the child, add a cover letter and explain that you contacted GP/health visitor but they refused, you will be OK to provide as per adult criteria then. HO is not strict with young kid’s referees. Corona situation makes it even more understandable.

3) Yes.

4) Yes. Photo only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rdt2717
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 application

Post by rdt2717 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:40 pm

The nurse we are using as a referee is a colleague of mine and a family friend so haven’t really dealt with my son in a professional way.

I will attach a cover letter regarding this.

Many thanks for your help!

rdt2717
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Parent’s consent for MN1

Post by rdt2717 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi everyone!

I am about to upload the documents required for my son’s application to register as BC. I have accomplished the parent’s consent form provided, do I still need to provide another consent letter or that should be enough?

Thank you!