ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 10 yr - Query on travel for baby born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gpranna
Newly Registered

ILR - 10 yr - Query on travel for baby born in UK

Post by gpranna » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:04 am

Hi all
Have a bit of a complex question and would request guidance on this.
My family includes my wife and 2 kids, and the younger one was born in UK.
All of us currently possess a ICT valid visa covering one more year. Now, given we came here in 2010,
I am thinking of applying for ILR - 10 yrs route - for 3 of us (excl. my younger one) as I was told that those born in UK need not have ILR but citizenship directly.

Now, my query is, when I receive the ILR for 3 of us, (younger one not having ILR, but only the existing dependent visa), will all 4 of us be able to travel outside the country?

Or, whether my daughter will not be allowed to travel until she get a passport?.. .. I am just trying to understand when my current ICT visa converts to 10 yrs ILR, then will my daughter's dependent visa (based on my ICT visa) will that become invalid immediately, or will that hold until the expiry date mentioned in the BRP?

Please advice.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - 10 yr - Query on travel for baby born in UK

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:22 pm

The UK born does not need ILR however for travelling outside the UK, she needs a valid visa to return. Her visa remains valid but as you are applying under 10-year route, UKVI expects her to switch to a family route visa at some point. My advice is that when you all got ILR, register her as British using form MN1 and travel. As she has a valid visa, she can board the plane to the UK and at the border should be admitted without any issues (evidence of MN1 nationality application can also be presented which ensures a very smooth experience)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gpranna
Newly Registered

Post by gpranna » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:09 am

Hi Zimba,
Many thanks for your input. Just to clear i understood right, are you saying that just a MN1 application (a print out) and NOT the decision on that application should do at the airport for reentry to UK?.
Also, MN1 application, i am assuming i need not submit my kids original BRP or my kids indian passport for the same. Because if that is needed, then that messes up my travel.
Thank you again for your help. Really appreciate it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:14 am

No originals are submitted. It is an online process through ukcvas where digitals are uploaded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gpranna
Newly Registered

Post by gpranna » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 am

Thank you CR001. That is a big relief.

May I request your confirmation too thst MN1 application will suffice rather than a decision of that naturalisation process before we can travel?..

Thank you again..

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:45 pm

gpranna wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 am
Thank you CR001. That is a big relief.

May I request your confirmation too thst MN1 application will suffice rather than a decision of that naturalisation process before we can travel?..

Thank you again..
Your child has a valid visa which is the basis for UK reentry. MN1 application is a nationality application NOT an immigration application. Having a pending MN1 application is NOT a basis for reentry or any immigration-related claims. It simply helps you with answering potential queries at the border for using a visa that is merely expected to be changed after your SET(LR). That visa will be valid and there is nothing to worry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gpranna
Newly Registered

Post by gpranna » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:53 pm

Thank you very much Zimba. That clarifies. !! :)