ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gov website not asking for documents I'm seeing elsewhere

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MattTT
United Kingdom

ILR S(M) visa applied, but not done Life in UK test yet

Post by MattTT » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:11 pm

I've applied and paid for ILR S(M), my date is late next month, I have a Life in the UK test booked just prior to my ILR appointment, having not yet passed it. Will this be a problem (?) even before worrying about passing?
Last edited by MattTT on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILM S(M) visa applied, but not done Life in UK test yet

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:12 pm

You should have done the test before you applied online. You don't get a physical test certificate anymore. You are now required to input the reference number if passing in the inline form before submitting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Re: ILR S(M) visa applied, but not done Life in UK test yet

Post by MattTT » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:12 pm
You should have done the test before you applied online. You don't get a physical test certificate anymore. You are now required to input the reference number if passing in the inline form before submitting.
The ILR S(M) form, when filled, asked if I had done the test, I answered no. It still let me pay. Is it possible to submit the reference number (if I do pass) at my later appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 pm

If you get an email after passing, submit that it a screenshot or something.

What date is your test and what date is your appointment at ukcvas?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 pm
If you get an email after passing, submit that it a screenshot or something.

What date is your test and what date is your appointment at ukcvas?
The test is on the 19th of March, the appointment is on the 27th.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:22 pm

That should be ok and hopefully you pass on the 19th.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:22 pm
That should be ok and hopefully you pass on the 19th.
Yes, thanks.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Gov website not asking for documents I'm seeing elsewhere

Post by MattTT » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:02 pm

I completed my online application ILR Set(M). 5 year route. My Visa (spouse/partner leave to remain)runs out on the 6th of April.

I am having a bit of a headache post submit and paying for application, in that things asked about in the form did not seem to be compulsory to submit.

1) The online application never asked me for Life in the UK passed test reference number. I answered no as I am yet to take it...
It simply asked if I had passed it. I have yet to take it, and assumed (incorrectly) that I could take it to my appointment. CR022 answered me, and suggested I copy a confirmation email on passing and take that to my UKVCAS appointment. My LitUK is on the 19th of March. My appointment for UKVCAS is the 27th of March.

2)There was no mention of needing to provide marriage certificate, or photo's of us together in my application and supporting document checklist that I need to upload. However I have seen mention of the need to do this on the forum here, do I need to do this? Or is my current spouse visa enough?

3) The application asked if I could supply P60 or letter of employment. I checked I could supply a letter of employment, but did not check p60 as I thought it was not compulsory. Is it? I get the impression it is from these forums. I am not self employed and earn over 50k.

4) There was a question "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
I answered NO to this question in the application. I have an MA from a UK university which I believe is evidence of my english language ability, but again, I've never applied for indefinite leave to on or after 28 October 2013. Was this correct? Are there any steps I need to take if I have answered this incorrectly?

Bit of a barrage of questions, but we've been knocked for 6 in getting the order of things wrong, that I hope we can tackle in time.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Gov website not asking for documents I'm seeing elsewhere

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:47 pm

1) You have been advised on this previously. Upload the evidence and take it to your appointment
2) Marriage certificate is not needed as that was provided before. Phots are NOT required. Provide cohabitaion documents
3) Evidence of finances under category A can be found in the guide:" https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
4) indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-english- ... l#p1854796
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:21 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:47 pm

3) Evidence of finances under category A can be found in the guide:" https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Thanks for the help! (and thread sewing) This guidance though seems specifically for armed forces, of which I'm not a member (I'm a full time, uk employed marketer). Does that matter?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:31 pm

It is poorly titled but covers everyone. It includes also the Armed forces family members.
About this guidance
This guidance tells the decision maker how to decide family migration applications
that require a financial requirement assessment and is to be used for all applications
decided after 6 April 2015.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:42 pm

MattTT wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:21 am
Zimba wrote:

Thanks for the help! (and thread sewing) This guidance though seems specifically for armed forces, of which I'm not a member (I'm a full time, uk employed marketer). Does that matter?
The document has a double title, i.e Appendix 1.7 (applicable to you), Appendix Armed Forces (not applicable to you).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:42 pm
MattTT wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:21 am
Zimba wrote:

The document has a double title, i.e Appendix 1.7 (applicable to you), Appendix Armed Forces (not applicable to you).
Thanks both. For the passport photocopies, I understand I am meant to take photo's of all pages, is this correct? Even blank unused? (just trying to save space for the pdf)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:46 pm

Biometric and stamped pages of applicants passport.

Biomtric page of sponsoring spouse/partners passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:02 pm

Good to know, thanks! In terms of visa, its my understanding that while applying I'll fall under a section 2 visa? My estate agent is telling me that they need to check whether it is legal to continue rent to me, what can I produce?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:52 am

MattTT wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:02 pm
Good to know, thanks! In terms of visa, its my understanding that while applying I'll fall under a section 2 visa? My estate agent is telling me that they need to check whether it is legal to continue rent to me, what can I produce?
They will check this directly with UKVI when you have a pending visa application and used UK Immigration: ID Check’ app : https://www.gov.uk/view-right-to-rent