ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj.m
Mood:
India

UK Spouse Visa Queries

Post by raj.m » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:29 pm

Hi all,

I am a Non-EU national with ILR in the UK. I am getting married to a non-EU national and in the process of collecting all the documents for my wife-to-be's visa application to join me in the UK.

I was wondering if you could help me with the following queries:

1) As her sponsor, do I need to get a sponsorship declaration drafted and witnessed by solicitors? Is this mandatory? OR can I just write a letter myself to say I am willing to sponsor my partner and take care of all her expenses and accomodation without recourse to public funds, and sign it and submit it WITHOUT any solicitors stamp or signatures?

2) I am aware that I also need to provide a scanned copy of my passport and BRP, as a sponsor. Do these need to be attested by any solicitors?

3) I am the only occupant of my 2-bedroom house in my sole name and I have a mortgage. Do I still need to get the housing inspection report done? If not, how do I prove there is enough room for my partner in the house? The title deeds do not mention the size and rooms of the house. What documents do I need to take care of the accomodation requirements? Title deeds and ?? I know some people are also providing mortgage letter from the building society but the letter I got from my mortgage provider is almost two years old, is that acceptable?

Thanks in advance

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: UK Spouse Visa Queries

Post by walker » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:39 am

I assume you will be making a visa a spouse visa application.

1. No need for a sponsorship declaration. It is not mandatory. A letter will suffice.

2. Passport and BRP do not need to be attested.

3. Request an up-to-date Mortgage Statement from the mortgage provider. Housing Report/Property Inspection Report is not mandatory but may assist/be beneficial. This can be requested from your local council or you could make enquiries with local estate agents (who may charge less than the council).

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:21 pm

walker wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:39 am
I assume you will be making a visa a spouse visa application.

1. No need for a sponsorship declaration. It is not mandatory. A letter will suffice.

2. Passport and BRP do not need to be attested.

3. Request an up-to-date Mortgage Statement from the mortgage provider. Housing Report/Property Inspection Report is not mandatory but may assist/be beneficial. This can be requested from your local council or you could make enquiries with local estate agents (who may charge less than the council).
Thanks for your response.

I understand a housing report will be beneficial but since I live by myself in a two bedroom house, is it really needed? I even get 25% single person discount on my council tax bill as I live alone. I can submit my council tax bill too. What do you suggest?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:28 pm

You don't need a housing inspection report if you live on your own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:34 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:28 pm
Thanks for your response. What documents do I need apart from the Land Registry title and mortgage statement?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:05 am

raj.m wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:34 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:28 pm
Thanks for your response. What documents do I need apart from the Land Registry title and mortgage statement?
and council tax should if there's one but it is not mandatory.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.