ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One year since submitted application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amasoumi
Newly Registered

One year since submitted application

Post by amasoumi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:58 pm

Submitted my application more than a year ago. I have been sending chaser emails to HO every 2-3 month but they only thing I receive is standard copy-paste replies.
any ideas what I can do?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: One year since submitted application

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 pm

amasoumi wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:58 pm
Submitted my application more than a year ago. I have been sending chaser emails to HO every 2-3 month but they only thing I receive is standard copy-paste replies.
any ideas what I can do?
You were explicitly advised to apply when at least ten years have passed from your breach of the rules in August 2010. You have not listened it seems if you applied more than a year ago :roll: (applying last February ??)
You also keep posting on different topics that you are still waiting for a response. Your case is certainly a complicated one and you should expect a long delay given your history of working illegally in the UK.

british-citizenship/naturalization-good ... l#p1885053
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amasoumi
Newly Registered

Post by amasoumi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:35 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 pm
amasoumi wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:58 pm
any ideas what I can do?
You were explicitly advised to apply when at least ten years have passed from your breach of the rules in August 2010. You have not listened it seems if you applied more than a year ago :roll: (applying last February ??)
You also keep posting on different topics that you are still waiting for a response. Your case is certainly a complicated one and you should expect a long delay given your history of working illegally in the UK.

british-citizenship/naturalization-good ... l#p1885053
apologies for polluting this sacred forum with my filthy questions. I also apologize for typing 7 messages in the past year which seems to have caused such an offence to the office of moderator. please can you advise where and when I can ask question or share my experience with others??

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:41 am

Go easy on the sarcasm.

Zimba was pointing out that you were already advised that your case was complex and may take time to investigate.

Also keep in mind that any delay is to your advantage. As things stand, the Home Office could have just rejected your application on good character grounds for working illegally in the UK. That would mean that you would have lost the naturalisation application fee.

The fact that they are investigating can possibly mean that they have found something in your favour. Alternatively, it may be that they will not process your application unless your 10 years of residing legally in the UK are up in September 2020 (and effectively saving your naturalisation fees). So, either way, it could be a positive for you.

Some times the best (and possibly only) thing you can do is to wait patiently. A watched pot never boils (and that is probably even truer when the status of the pot is being published on online forums :) )
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.