ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hotel Quarantine (10 days)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yomishu
Mood:
India

Hotel Quarantine (10 days)

Post by yomishu » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi

Have you all heard of the new rule which is going to be introduced in UK regarding travellers needing to do hotel Quarantine

I read that this is mainly focused on British citizens and Permanent residence people and I also read that its mainly for people coming from Brazil, South America as of now

I have booked flights for my parents to come to UK in Feb from India and i am hoping visit visa people will be allowed to quarantine from home as long as they show negative PCR test result

Any extra information will be helpful

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Hotel Quarantine (10 days)

Post by iwolga » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:09 pm

From the experience of other countries, non-residents won’t be allowed at all. I doubt UK citizens will have less rights than non-residents - this just doesn’t make sense.

This is all pure speculation of course

Leopett10
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Leopett10 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:14 pm

hello there, I got 2 questions for you guys, and I hope you have the answers ‘cause I ain’t got them.
1- I am in Brazil and will travel to MEXICO for 12 days before heading to London. So... I will have my last 10 days in a NON red list country. Do I still need to stay in a quarantine hotel?

2- If one person doesn’t have enough money and is not on any benefit, and therefore cannot pay for the quarantine hotel fees, what happens? A lot of folks are stranded abroad because of that single fact, and no one seems to know the answer.

Thanks in advance!!!

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:18 am

Leopett10 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:14 pm
hello there, I got 2 questions for you guys, and I hope you have the answers ‘cause I ain’t got them.
1- I am in Brazil and will travel to MEXICO for 12 days before heading to London. So... I will have my last 10 days in a NON red list country. Do I still need to stay in a quarantine hotel?

2- If one person doesn’t have enough money and is not on any benefit, and therefore cannot pay for the quarantine hotel fees, what happens? A lot of folks are stranded abroad because of that single fact, and no one seems to know the answer.

Thanks in advance!!!
Did you try googling? https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quar ... in-england