ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New role while awaiting ILR decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Document upload

Post by newbie715 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi all,

I hope I am not duplicating a question that has been asked before, I searched but didn't see a similar question. I submitted my online application on the 7th of Dec and my biometrics date is 5th of Jan, I plan to use the scanning services on the day. I believe the dated documents should not be older than 28 days (I hope I am not making this up) i.e letter from employer and the latest bank statement. Could someone clarify if this is correct and if so, what date is relevant here, the date I submitted online or the date the documents are scanned? TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document upload

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:03 pm

Correct yes. Must be dated on or before the date of application, which is the date you submit and pay online. Your biometrics appointment date is irrelevant to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by newbie715 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:44 am

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the clarification

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by newbie715 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:15 pm

I have another question regarding document upload, I am applying for ILR SET(M) with my daughter (she will be 3 in January), who was born abroad. I was just looking at the document upload section and I see that she also has all the categories I have for document upload, does this mean I need to upload for her as well or will my documents suffice for her? Am I over thinking this?

Also, do I need to upload my marriage certificate? I have added this to the 2 previous application, so I don't mind doing that, it's just that it isn't one of the documents that came up on my checklist. Weirdly, the Life in the UK test isn't on the checklist either although I added the number somewhere in the application, do I upload this too?

TIA

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:34 pm

newbie715 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:15 pm
I have another question regarding document upload, I am applying for ILR SET(M) with my daughter (she will be 3 in January), who was born abroad. I was just looking at the document upload section and I see that she also has all the categories I have for document upload, does this mean I need to upload for her as well or will my documents suffice for her? Am I over thinking this?
The categories are generic. The checklist should tell what documents are needed for the child. Only upload those in child’s section

Also, do I need to upload my marriage certificate?
Ideally yes I have added this to the 2 previous application, so I don't mind doing that, it's just that it isn't one of the documents that came up on my checklist. Weirdly, the Life in the UK test isn't on the checklist either although I added the number somewhere in the application, do I upload this too?
The LIUK number is enough. However, if you have the certificate best to upload also

TIA
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by newbie715 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:02 pm

Many thanks CULLINAN

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

New role while awaiting ILR decision

Post by newbie715 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:08 pm

Hi All,
I have seen some threads regarding my topic but couldn't quite find one with my particular circumstance.
I was made redundant in October while on maternity leave. I applied for my ILR SET (M) online in December and had the biometrics early January using my spouse's income to meet the financial requirement. I have been job hunting and now have an interview lined up for tomorrow but I am suddenly wondering if I am eligible to get a job now or if I need to wait for a decision on the ILR. I remember that when I processed my FLR (M), my employer filled out the right to work form with Home Office to confirm I had a pending application but I was already working there at the time. Is that applicable in this my current situation? TIA

swissman20
Mood:
India

Re: New role while awaiting ILR decision

Post by swissman20 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:34 pm

Hi Newbie,

I can tell you from my personal experience, I am unable to work for any other company other than my existing Tier 2G sponsor until my ILR is approved. It should not stop you from sitting for interviews as long as you are upfront with prospective employers and explain the situation. In my case I found an employer who was prepared to wait until I got my ILR which hopefully is due very soon. This means I have an offer in hand and a modicum of certainty while the HO does its job.

I hope this helps.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:14 am

newbie715 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:08 pm
Hi All,
I have seen some threads regarding my topic but couldn't quite find one with my particular circumstance.
I was made redundant in October while on maternity leave. I applied for my ILR SET (M) online in December and had the biometrics early January using my spouse's income to meet the financial requirement. I have been job hunting and now have an interview lined up for tomorrow but I am suddenly wondering if I am eligible to get a job now or if I need to wait for a decision on the ILR. I remember that when I processed my FLR (M), my employer filled out the right to work form with Home Office to confirm I had a pending application but I was already working there at the time. Is that applicable in this my current situation? TIA
Yes. Your new employer will need to perform right to work checks and get a positive response from UKVI using your application number (UAN) via Employer Checking Service: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by newbie715 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:24 am

swissman20 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:34 pm
Hi Newbie,

I can tell you from my personal experience, I am unable to work for any other company other than my existing Tier 2G sponsor until my ILR is approved. It should not stop you from sitting for interviews as long as you are upfront with prospective employers and explain the situation. In my case I found an employer who was prepared to wait until I got my ILR which hopefully is due very soon. This means I have an offer in hand and a modicum of certainty while the HO does

I hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing your experience swissman20 and thanks for the advice.

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by newbie715 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:24 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:14 am
newbie715 wrote:
Hi All,
Yes. Your new employer will need to perform right to work checks and get a positive response from UKVI using your application number (UAN) via Employer Checking Service: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Many thanks Zimba. I feel so much better.

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by newbie715 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi All,
I got the role I interviewed for and now I need to give them details for Employer Checking Service. I have looked through my emails for the ILR, please is anyone able to confirm that my Reference number or application number is the set of letters and numbers I received when I made payment which starts with UKVI_... as I didn't receive any other reference for the ILR or is it my previous Reference/ Case ID from my FLR(M) application.
Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:01 pm

Zimba wrote:
newbie715 wrote:
Hi All,
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

newbie715
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by newbie715 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:24 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:01 pm
Zimba wrote:
newbie715 wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks, it's all sorted. I had a bit of a moment as the employer indicated my application number should start with the first letter of my surname which wasn't the case with what I had. They have now acknowledged what I sent in. Thanks again.