ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References for online applicatiom

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Karolmicha

Re: References for online applicatiom

Post by Karolmicha » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Amazing, thank you for claryfing this! :D

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:43 pm

I also used to work in a supermarket in my 5 year qualifying period. Would the same rule apply regarding the address, where I put the supermarkets registered address (bradford) even though the store where I attended work was based elsewhere (north london) ?
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:09 pm

OK you got me there, I only worked for one employer during my residency period and the full 10 years...
Maybe best to give the local address in this case unless you lived in Bradford. I don't believe the exact details are critical as caseworkers can access other databases, such as HMRC, they got your NI number and can obtain your record that way. With larger companies payroll, tax and NI are generally processed at the company head office and they deal with HMRC from that office. Anyway, not to worry, just give the details you have.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Okay so in that case perhaps it would make more sense to put adresses for both employments where I actually attended work ?

And 1 more little question - when scanning passports, do I scan every single page (even the empty ones) ?

Thanks!.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:24 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:44 pm
Okay so in that case perhaps it would make more sense to put adresses for both employments where I actually attended work ?
Agreed.
And 1 more little question - when scanning passports, do I scan every single page (even the empty ones) ?
Just the personal detail pages, and pages with official endorsements or entry/exit stamps - shouldn't be an issue, most EU passports have very few stamps anyway.
Thanks!.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:12 pm

Okay thank you.
So i understand that p60s is all thats needed for the caseworker to establish my lawful residency period.
Even though i work part time (1day per week) ? Would any extra documents be needed in that case?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:12 pm
Okay thank you.
So i understand that p60s is all thats needed for the caseworker to establish my lawful residency period.
Even though i work part time (1day per week) ? Would any extra documents be needed in that case?
No - there are no earnings requirements, levels or limits, or minimum hours worked. P60s are ideal for residency as the employer has to submit them to HMRC - so they are official documents. And they can validate them to their own sources.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:37 pm

Okay thats great then.
- In the 'previous immigration applications' section, in the 'date of the application' do I put the date that I submitted the application or the date that SS took effect from ? (I submitted application on 31/03/19 and it was granted on 03/04/19).
I also applied for residence permit (over 6 years ago) which wasnt granted to me at the time and as an outcome of me applying for it, a registration certificate was issued to me - the only correspondence about this that I have is an email from HO which states the date that they received it and a case id number. Should I use this date and case id as reference number when filling out my 'previous applications' section ?
- Also, I was self employed (over 6 years ago) - i was working at a beauty parlour but on a self employed basis so not sure what to put in the 'employer name' and 'employer address' section ?
I remember that as I registered for self employment I put my own home address as the business address as i was working for myself (not employed) so should I then put my home address for that employment ?

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:49 pm

The reason why I mentioned that both the self employment and the residence permit were both over 6 years ago is because if i make a mistake with supplying the correct date or address, it should not bare any effect on my application - as being 6 years ago it doesnt fall into my qualifying period of 5 years. Am i correct in my thinking ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:03 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:37 pm
Okay thats great then.
- In the 'previous immigration applications' section, in the 'date of the application' do I put the date that I submitted the application or the date that SS took effect from ? (I submitted application on 31/03/19 and it was granted on 03/04/19). Dates are and "if known" entry. Date of application should be sufficient.
I also applied for residence permit (over 6 years ago) which wasnt granted to me at the time and as an outcome of me applying for it, a registration certificate was issued to me - the only correspondence about this that I have is an email from HO which states the date that they received it and a case id number. Should I use this date and case id as reference number when filling out my 'previous applications' section ? Yes, if that's all you have.
- Also, I was self employed (over 6 years ago) - i was working at a beauty parlour but on a self employed basis so not sure what to put in the 'employer name' and 'employer address' section ? There should be an option to select "self-employed" from a pull down menu ... not sure.
I remember that as I registered for self employment I put my own home address as the business address as i was working for myself (not employed) so should I then put my home address for that employment ? Shouldn't be an issue - many self-employed don't have business addresses.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:49 pm
The reason why I mentioned that both the self employment and the residence permit were both over 6 years ago is because if i make a mistake with supplying the correct date or address, it should not bare any effect on my application - as being 6 years ago it doesnt fall into my qualifying period of 5 years. Am i correct in my thinking ?
You don't have to prove every detail of your employment history. Also UKVI case workers have access to HMRC records through your NI number. Clearly we should get as much of the details correct as possible. Many people have issues with records of their jobs and can only provide estimated details. So it's not an issue and mistakes would not lead to a refusal.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 pm

The employment history does not have self employed option unfortunately.. it just asks for employer name, address etc. Perhaps being self employed doesnt fall into the employment history then ? Just thinking if i should leave it and dont include the self employment...
Also, in the 'how does the referee know the applicant?' section, can I just put 'patient' as my referee with a professional standing is my dentist ?

Thank you!.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:57 pm

Is it a must that I upload my documents online after I submit my application ? The whole process of transferring every page into a pdf doc is giving me a headache
Can it not be done for me at the BR appointment ?

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Which one of my employers address should I put down on my online naturalisation application in the 10 year history employment section ?
Is it the address where I physically attended work or the address thats listed on my p60's (the registered address ?) Bearing in mind that my workplace where I attend work is based in London and the company's registered address is out of london (sheffield and the other employer is registered in bradford) ?
Also when it comes to self employment do I put my own home address - as thats what I put down when I registered as a self employed person even though I worked for a company but based on a self employed basis, that was over 7 years ago though so out of the 5 years requirement - should I still note the self employment or dont mention it.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:58 pm

Also, as I have been granted SS in 2019 and applying for naturalisation in 2021, do I need to show the 5 year residence requirements prior to being granted SS ? Which would then make ot 2014. And i can only prove it from 2016 onwards.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:34 pm

1. London address is fine.

2. Naturalisation is based on the 5 years immediately preceding your star of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:02 pm

Okay :D thank you for this info.

I have been issued with a new EU passport a few months ago and I have now updated this change on the gov website so that my new passport is linked to my SS instead of the old one.
Is it okay to submit my application before this change of new passport is confirmed ?
I will be sending pictures of both, the old and the new passports with my application (the old one has been whole punched at the consular office though - if that makes any difference)

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 am

Could anyone please reply to my last post/question please :cry:
As im unsure if its okay to proceed with submitting my application if my Settled Status is still linked to my old passport thats expired ?
Ive requested to update my SS with my new passport but I understand it can take a long time to update.
Do I wait or its okay to proceed with submitting naturalisation ?

Thank you all

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:16 am

That's not an issue - you applied with a valid passport that's all that matters.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:45 am

Thank you!
So if I suppy the old identity document with which i applied for SS it should be fine then. Even though it has been damaged / hole punched at the office to mark it as invalid ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:52 am

Karolmicha wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:45 am
Thank you!
So if I suppy the old identity document with which i applied for SS it should be fine then. Even though it has been damaged / hole punched at the office to mark it as invalid ?
What I meant was the valid passport is sufficient - that's all you need.
For peace of mind you can of course scan the old one as well - though I have not seen any cases where UKVI requested the passport used for Settled application.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:50 am

Okay, thank you!.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:36 am

Okay, thank you.
The reason im asking is waa because i was under the impression that I need to suppy the identity document which is currently linked to my SS, otherwise how would the HO be able to establish that I hold SS?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:54 am

I assume you gave your Settled Status reference number which points them to your record - haven't seen any instruction that you have to provide the original passport used for the SS application.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:12 pm

Okay i get it now
In the ' how does the referee know the applicant ' section, can I put ' patient' for my professional standing referee ? (My dentist). He did agree that he knows me personally etc. So im just thinking would 'patient' be enough ?