ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start/end date of new CoS vs. current visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tosh119
Newly Registered
United States of America

Start/end date of new CoS vs. current visa

Post by Tosh119 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:36 pm

I am currently on a tier 2 visa that expires in November this year. I am switching companies, and my new CoS has a start date of 5/4/2021. I have not yet given notice yet, as I haven't applied for my visa yet, and we haven't confirmed the start date. Will I still be able to work my current job after the 5th of April if I cannot start the new one then or do I have to stop working by that date?

Also, does anyone know if the end date of the new CoS can be amended as a sponsor note? The date they've got on it now would (I think) put me a few weeks shy of 5 years for ILR because I think we were all a bit unclear on what date UKVI uses for the qualifying period (e.g. start date of original CoS, entry clearance valid date on passport, or date on biometric permit).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Start/end date of new CoS vs. current visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:45 pm

There is nothing unclear about the ILR qualifying start date. It is the initial visa issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.