ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with only UK residence card - Awaiting EU pre-settled paper application outcome

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samatha125
Newly Registered
Ghana

Travelling with only UK residence card - Awaiting EU pre-settled paper application outcome

Post by samatha125 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi everyone
My Husband was granted his UK residence card (family member Eu residence) via surinder singh which expires in 9/8/2024. We applied for the paper pre-settled status in September 2020 and we received Certificate of application in Sep 2020 and awaiting a final response/outcome.

He now urgently needs to travel for a week and I’m quiet concern as he’s application is still outstanding.

I’ve read that the residence card is valid for travel etc until June 2021 but I’m not sure how this transpires in reality. Is he safe to travel only with his uk residence card and will he be allowed to return back into the uk as long as he’s back before June 2021 or it is advised to wait for the outcome of the EUSS application.

KR.

raphaelo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling with only UK residence card - Awaiting EU pre-settled paper application outcome

Post by raphaelo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:29 pm

samatha125 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:54 pm
Hi everyone
My Husband was granted his UK residence card (family member Eu residence) via surinder singh which expires in 9/8/2024. We applied for the paper pre-settled status in September 2020 and we received Certificate of application in Sep 2020 and awaiting a final response/outcome.

He now urgently needs to travel for a week and I’m quiet concern as he’s application is still outstanding.

I’ve read that the residence card is valid for travel etc until June 2021 but I’m not sure how this transpires in reality. Is he safe to travel only with his uk residence card and will he be allowed to return back into the uk as long as he’s back before June 2021 or it is advised to wait for the outcome of the EUSS application.

KR.
Hi Samatha,
yes , he can travel while his application is still outstanding under the EUSS .

samatha125
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Travelling with only UK residence card - Awaiting EU pre-settled paper application outcome

Post by samatha125 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:36 pm

Thank you Raphaelo for your response.

Please could I ask is this from personal experience or from what is stated on gov.uk website?
We just need to be certain as the last thing we want is for him not to be allowed back into the UK. We find the website a little ambiguous and will be grateful for more clarity.

KR.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:39 am

My wife travelled with it and back in 2021 without any issue. Her status:

- EEA card valid until 2023
- Settled status

There was no issue boarding with the EEA card and entering the UK.

She doesn't have any card related to the EU Settlement Scheme.

samatha125
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by samatha125 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:07 am

@Zerrubabel

Was there any question by immigration on her returning to the UK?
It’s slightly different scenario as she already has her settled status and he doesn’t I’ve read somewhere that all information is electronic so they may not ask.

KR

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:17 am

No, at Heathrow they just quickly scanned her EEA card and let her go. They didn't ask her about the EUSS status. I believe it shows up on their screen when they scan the EEA card. So they never raised the question about it.

samatha125
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by samatha125 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Thank your for the reassurance.

samatha125
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by samatha125 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to give an update.

My husband came back today. No issues with immigration. They only mentioned that he had an application outstanding and he said yes and handed him back his documents.

Thank you for the reassurance.

Kr.