ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yug80
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Tax issue

Post by Yug80 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:08 am

Hi,
I am asking on behalf of my friend. He applied set(lr) last November. His records is very clear no overstaying no tax issue at all he was on dependant visa. While completing set(lr) form he added his employment details where he indicated his current yearly income which is £21900. He provided employment letter and six months payslips. He also has a self employment where he earned £7000 last year he also mentioned it in the form and provided tax return as well as according to his solicitor advice. Now he is confused after reading some post. In the tax return it was calculated last year income from his employer as it required but in the application form he provided this year income which is different as he got promoted. His employment letter also indicated that he has promoted since his yearly income will be £21900.
Will it be a problem of deception? If so, will he send an email to home office to explain this. What is the email address and procedure please?
Dear Zimba and other please advise.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tax issue

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:04 pm

As long her tax issues are clear with HMRC, there is no requirement for income for SET(LR).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Yug80
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Yug80 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Thank you very much.
I understand but the set(lr) form required employment details as well as yearly earning. So he provided them but in employment he provided current income but in self employment he provided information until April 2020 since it is not possible to do tax return before April 2021 for tax year 2020-2021. He applied in November 2020. He provided tax return, payslips and employment letter. I think he would be fine but his fear is about is there any inconsistency which could turn him in deception?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:53 pm

I do not see any issues here.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.