ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References for online applicatiom

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: References for online applicatiom

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:12 pm
Okay i get it now
In the ' how does the referee know the applicant ' section, can I put ' patient' for my professional standing referee ? (My dentist). He did agree that he knows me personally etc. So im just thinking would 'patient' be enough ?

As long the dentist has known you for 3 years, answer will be:
“In capacity of a dentist”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:32 pm

Okay thank you!
In the section that asks 'have you ever been known by any other name?'
Basically i had a second name which i stopped using, as in when i applied for a new passport (over 10 years ago) i didnt put down my second name and have just been using my first name every since, all documents etc.
Would this apply to that section then?

Thank you

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:53 pm

And if it something that I need to mention how exactly would I explain it ? It gives me 3 options. 1.marriage or civil partnership 2.divorce 3.other. under other it is asking for explanation

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:32 pm
Okay thank you!
In the section that asks 'have you ever been known by any other name?'
Basically i had a second name which i stopped using, as in when i applied for a new passport (over 10 years ago) i didnt put down my second name and have just been using my first name every since, all documents etc.
Would this apply to that section then?

Thank you
If you had a second name declare that.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:56 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:53 pm
And if it something that I need to mention how exactly would I explain it ? It gives me 3 options. 1.marriage or civil partnership 2.divorce 3.other. under other it is asking for explanation
Can not answer this unless you are more clear what you are asking.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:02 pm

So basically I have a first name and second name AAA BBB (forenames). Then a family name CCC(surname). I have ceased using my second name BBB and it doesnt appear in any documents anymore. My renewed passport only shows my first name and family name, so AAA and CCC
The online naturalisation is asking 'why have you been known by another name'.
Should I put that it was my second name that I am not using anymore ?
Hope that makes sense

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:03 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:02 pm
So basically I have a first name and second name AAA BBB (forenames). Then a family name CCC(surname). I have ceased using my second name BBB and it doesnt appear in any documents anymore. My renewed passport only shows my first name and family name, so AAA and CCC
The online naturalisation is asking 'why have you been known by another name'.
Should I put that it was my second name that I am not using anymore ?
Hope that makes sense
Just mention that you changed your name as you liked it that way.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:07 pm

So in essence my name at birth was :
AAA BBB (forenames) CCC (surname)
But when renewing my eu passport in 2010 I did not put my second name down and since then, my name appears as:
AAA (forename) CCC (surname)

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:10 pm

would it be classed as legally changing my name though ?
I just didnt put my second name down when renewing my passport at the consular office and they accepted it that way.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:11 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:07 pm
So in essence my name at birth was :
AAA BBB (forenames) CCC (surname)
But when renewing my eu passport in 2010 I did not put my second name down and since then, my name appears as:
AAA (forename) CCC (surname)
You are overthinking this. Just declare your name at birth and before 2010.
As long your NEW name appears on your passport and settled status, you have no issues.
In UK you are known by first name and surname anyways. The middle name is kinda lost even if you had it previously anyways, other than on official docs.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Okay i will do like you advised thank you!
Also am I correct in thinking that 'proof of living in the UK' and 'evidence that you have been living in the uk lawfully for your 3 or 5 yeat qualifying residence period' in the document checklist section is essentially the same thing ?
I will be providing p60 & p45 as a proof for both these sections

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:16 am

Ive just submitted my application and tried to book the UKVCAS appointment at the service point...however there are no available at any appointment centres for the next 4 weeks plus.m it wont let me book it as theres 0 available.. what should I do in this instance ?

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 am

Actually i have found 1 available UKVCAS appointment.. but its chargeable! They want £138 for it :shock:
Im a bit worried in case I wont be able to book any within the 45 days submissions deadline..
Any advice seniors? :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:48 am

If you are not getting any free appointments available, then unfortunately you have to pay the UKCVAS appointment fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:50 am

Okay then.. I will look some more for the next few days maybe a free appointment will pop up.
Am I able to upload my documents PRIOR to booking an appointment ?.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:34 pm

Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
Am I able to upload my documents PRIOR to booking an appointment ?.
Yes

PS: You should look on Tues 00:01 AM GMT till Friday next week especially between 6-9am.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:34 pm

Many thanks!
When it comes to uploading documents its giving me two options :
1. Mandatory documents consisting of 'Other' - English test and evidence of lawful residence for 5 years and 'Proof of application' - the passport.
Then on optional documents it has options of :
Residence in uk, finances, proof of business, life events, medical info, sponsors/employment, proof of identity, educational.
Should I upload all of my documents in the Mandatory section under 'Other' section - so all my p60s, payslips, employee letter, settled status letter, referee declarations, life in uk and english test.
And then upload my passports (current and old one) in the Proof of identity section.
As i assume all of these documents are manadatory to my application ?

Thanks!.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:07 pm

This is how the website is designed. Do not get confused with the “mandatory” and “optional” headings. The system usually explicitly asks what to upload in the mandatory category, if any. Upload rest of the documents in the “optional categories” whichever category they fit the best. As long you upload all required documents in any category, you will be fine.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:54 pm

Many thanks for your prompt response :)

I thought as much but was confused about the 'mandatory' and 'optional' field.
So if I will be uploading my p60s as proof of lawful residence in the 'mandatory' section, then there is no need to upload them again under residence in the 'optional' section, is there ?.
- Would it matter at all if I upload my docs as a jpeg file instead the pdf (i understand they would prefer pdf) ?
- Is it possible to jeorpadise the outcome of the application by uploading too many documents ? (for peace of mind etc.)

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:02 am

1) No need to upload twice.
2) JPEG/PDF both are OK. B&W or coloured both are OK as long less than 6MB/file.
3) Stick to the checklist/requirements. Do not submit unnecessary documents.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:46 pm

Great, thank you!.

Also, can I ask, does anybody know what exactly happens when you have a chargeable appointment at the enhanced point ? Why exactly are they charging over £100 ? (Not complaining, just trying to understand :)). I was under the impression that the price to have your biometrics taken was already included in the price of the naturalisation.
Since I am paying for the appointment, can I just upload the documents onto the portal and then they will check and submit it for me when I attend the appointment ?

Thank you

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:57 pm

One would assume that since you are paying for the appointment, they should check, upload and submit all the doc on your behalf.. or is it not how it works ?.