ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elgibility to apply for ILR as dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

migrant_uk
Pakistan

Re: Elgibility to apply for ILR as dependent

Post by migrant_uk » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:22 pm

Thank you so much @Vinny and the IB community.

Oposum
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Oposum » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:37 pm

Hi,

I have a similar situation where my unmarried partner had a few different visas. Specifically, this is our route:

December 2017 - November 2018: Both of us came to the UK in December 2017, I had Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa and she was came as my dependent.

November 2018 - November 2021: I switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur and hope to apply for ILR in November 2021. She was my dependent as tier 1 entrepreneur, and by November 2021 she will spend 1 year as dependent of tier 1 graduate entrepreneur and 3 years of tier 1 entrepreneur, for a total of 4 years.

So, her fifth year will be as my dependent while I have ILR. Can she still apply then one year after I receive my ILR and she spends her fifth year as ILR dependent instead of Tier 1 graduate entrepereneur / entrepreneur dependent which she was for the first 4 years?

We have always lived together and applied with the same address to all our visas. We never spent more than 30-40 days out of the UK in any given 12 month period.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:40 pm

Oposum wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:37 pm
Hi,

I have a similar situation where my unmarried partner had a few different visas. Specifically, this is our route:

December 2017 - November 2018: Both of us came to the UK in December 2017, I had Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa and she was came as my dependent.

November 2018 - November 2021: I switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur and hope to apply for ILR in November 2021. She was my dependent as tier 1 entrepreneur, and by November 2021 she will spend 1 year as dependent of tier 1 graduate entrepreneur and 3 years of tier 1 entrepreneur, for a total of 4 years.

So, her fifth year will be as my dependent while I have ILR. Can she still apply then one year after I receive my ILR and she spends her fifth year as ILR dependent instead of Tier 1 graduate entrepereneur / entrepreneur dependent which she was for the first 4 years?

We have always lived together and applied with the same address to all our visas. We never spent more than 30-40 days out of the UK in any given 12 month period.

Thank you!
1. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics!!

2. Ask your questions in your own topic you already have please.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-1-entre ... l#p1994442
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Oposum
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Oposum » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 pm

Ok, noted, sorry for the inconvenience.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:36 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

migrant_uk
Pakistan

Post by migrant_uk » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:20 pm

Thank you for sharing @Vinny, sounds good news linked to this post. My friend has submitted AR for his wife and we would update you about the outcome in due time.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:38 pm

Good Luck!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

migrant_uk
Pakistan

Post by migrant_uk » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Good news that AR has been successful! The case has been sent back to the original case working team. It says that there was an error because the case working team failed to ask for additional evidence. We do not know what does it means or what would be the impact on reconsideration of the application? Hoping for the best