ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

End of March applications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Talha

Post by Talha » Tue May 03, 2005 9:29 am

Yes oneten and f2k, I did the same. I received a similar e-mail from them suggesting to resubmit to Shffield address. I did it on the second day I received response from them. Without changing original forms, I just did a little bit of imporovement in supporting documents over night as I was in hurry when i applied first time.

The disappointing thing is that they do not bother to check things properly, it was funny to see that original receipt copy of airway bills were also inserted in the envelop they sent me which has a date of 31 March.

I just hope this time they will have a look at least on the proofs I provided ..............courier bills and CC slips etc.

:D I am just counting 15 days. it may come back to me with the same excuse. who knows :!:

Best of luck to you too:)

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed May 04, 2005 7:22 am

Dear f2k, rex and indian_in_uk,

I had got rejection of my firswt applciation, with ref. no. 0216XX, now i have resubmitted a new application with a new fees. I have even mentioned my this old reference no. on the form where it is asked stating "if known", i wanted to knwo whether i'll be provided the same ref. no. with /01 as suffix or will recieve all to gether a new reference no.?

I have sent a Demand Draft drawn on the Bank in Lodnon, so can u advise me how much time will it take for HO team to collect the fees? whats the procedure there? i assume that if its a Demand Draft, it must be credited to their account on the very same day, can anyone advise?

vijay
Newly Registered

Post by vijay » Wed May 04, 2005 9:11 am

dhavaluk wrote:Dear f2k, rex and indian_in_uk,

I had got rejection of my firswt applciation, with ref. no. 0216XX, now i have resubmitted a new application with a new fees. I have even mentioned my this old reference no. on the form where it is asked stating "if known", i wanted to knwo whether i'll be provided the same ref. no. with /01 as suffix or will recieve all to gether a new reference no.?

I have sent a Demand Draft drawn on the Bank in Lodnon, so can u advise me how much time will it take for HO team to collect the fees? whats the procedure there? i assume that if its a Demand Draft, it must be credited to their account on the very same day, can anyone advise?
I think they goona take two weeks in clearance of money.

kijaz

Reference number

Post by kijaz » Wed May 04, 2005 6:22 pm

My application is recieved by home office on 31st March

Ref # 0415XX

Kinldy share your reference numbers to see who is next in Q

only mention first 3 digits of reference number

olatundun
Newly Registered

Post by olatundun » Wed May 04, 2005 7:34 pm

Hi Sisil,

How far with ur husband application? Any information yet?
Then Rex, which country are you from? Was that your initial application, 1st free review or paid review?

vijay
Newly Registered

Post by vijay » Wed May 04, 2005 10:52 pm

Hi kijaz
My Application was recieved by Home office on April 1, 2005 and the ref no is 040xxx. I think they assign numbers after payment is processed.

OneTen
Newly Registered

Post by OneTen » Thu May 05, 2005 3:45 am

Dear Talha and others
hi
I was advised to return my application with a proof of posting on or before 31 march on the following address:

Work permits UK
Charging Ops
PO Box 3468
Sheffield S3 8WA
UK

The courier service is not accepting the PO Box address and also insisting on Tel and Fax numbers for booking. Else they will book on customer risk.

May I know if you have returned your application on the above address. Did you know that the shippment is arrived at the destination and you got some acknwledgement etc.

Regards
OneTen

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Thu May 05, 2005 6:23 am

Dear friends,

can anyone else confirm what VIjay had said about the clearance of my payment? WIll it really take 15days to clear the Demand Draft in UK? its even slower then my country? her ein my country its cleared almost the next day, so i can not believe this statement of VIjay.

Would anybody else like to confirm ro suggest the time to be taken for processing my DD???

Talha

Post by Talha » Thu May 05, 2005 9:41 am

Dear OneTen,

I had to face same problem of address as Fedex did not accept only on PO Box number but on providing telephone number they accepted it.

Track record shows 'incorrect address' but later it shows delivered to 'Front desk receptionist' signed by ABC.

It was received by 29 April Friday, however, my credit card shows no charge of payment.

still waiting:s

OneTen
Newly Registered

Post by OneTen » Thu May 05, 2005 11:54 am

Dear Talha
hi
kindly reply these three questions:

1. Did you send the application on the address below as I did.

Work permits UK
Charging Ops
PO Box 3468
Sheffield S3 8WA
UK

2. Please inform me the telephone numbers you gave to courier service.

3. Did you receive any acknowledgement or e-mail confirmation of receipt of your application.

Best regards
OneTen

Talha

Post by Talha » Thu May 05, 2005 5:27 pm

OneTen

1. I sent to the same address

2. Phone number is 0114 207 4332 (I found this number on pdf brochure on the website of HO which is exclusively for the charging team)

3. I did not receive any acknowledgement or ref. # yet. (today was 4th working day after the recipt of application there)

Cheers!

Talha

Post by Talha » Tue May 10, 2005 7:03 am

Hi OneTen,

Have u received ref. #?

I havent receipt ref.# yet but my credit card statemnet (online) shows that they have charged 150P yesterday which means they have accepted my proofs that I sent application on 31 March and that the above mentioned address is correct.

Good luck

Talha

Post by Talha » Tue May 10, 2005 5:13 pm

I mailed them and received ref# promptly but its different from others:

HS1953000xxx

while other have xxxx/01 etc.

does any one else has received such a number???

:roll:

kijaz

Post by kijaz » Tue May 10, 2005 6:10 pm

Dear Talah,

I have recieved same type of refernce number on submitting my application and recieved the other ref # on payment clearance.

Talha wrote:I mailed them and received ref# promptly but its different from others:

HS1953000xxx

while other have xxxx/01 etc.

does any one else has received such a number???

:roll:

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Wed May 11, 2005 12:00 pm

Group,

I think the number HS195300xxx is your payment reference number. This is NOT you HSMP application number. If you need to make any enquiries about your payment you will have to use this number. You would get this number from the Charging department

Your HSMP Application number is the standard 6 digit number. I got my reference number today and it is 042xxx. You would get this number from the HSMP department. If you send a mail with all your details to HSMP.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, you will get your HSMP Application Reference number.

Hope this helps in clarifying your doubts.

Talha

Post by Talha » Mon May 16, 2005 8:29 am

Today I got ref# 0423xx.

Thanks Ashoke. BTW when your paymenst were cleared? My cc was charged on 9 May.

Thx

OneTen
Newly Registered

Post by OneTen » Thu May 19, 2005 11:45 am

Dear Talha
hi
your cc was charged on 9th May 2005.

1.Did you get the Ref No by post on 16th?

2.Did you get the Ref No by e-mail from HO on 16th?

3. How long an HSPM Caseworker takes these days to clear a case.

Apparently from this forum mails, on receiving application, the HO takes a week for payment clearance, another week to issue REF No. and yet another week for decision probably.

Senior members comments please.

Regards
OneTen

Talha

Post by Talha » Fri May 20, 2005 7:56 am

Yes for 1 and 2. I emailed after waiting a week.

kijaz

Application rejected applied on 31st March

Post by kijaz » Fri May 20, 2005 5:21 pm

ponits awarded are as follows:

Education 15

Expereince ( very strange ) 35

They have accepted my 6 years senior level experience and one year graduate level.

They have refused to accept 3 years of work experience by mentioning that that the experience is not proved to be graduate level

Significant Achievement 0

orginal copy of publication
articals published in news papers
fellowship letter awarded by UNESCO

refused to award points on the basis of evidence provided

Spouse 0

refused to award point by menioning that marriage certificate and spouse degree is not provided ( I have provided notirised copy of the marriage certificate and MSC degree along with some other orignal evedence...credit card bills, tv licence, plot registration, insurance certificate, birth certificate of son etc)

so HSMP team awarded 50 points for my application

Talha

Post by Talha » Fri May 20, 2005 8:28 pm

sorry to hear your rejection. are u planing to reapply?

could u pls share a bit more on ur claim and documents for significant acheivement?

kashyap_desai
Newly Registered

to f2k HSMP referance no xxx/01

Post by kashyap_desai » Sat May 21, 2005 10:07 am

Dear i have ref no XXX/01 , i applied for HSMP end of aug 04 .

still i am waiting any guide line for above.

kijaz

Post by kijaz » Sun May 22, 2005 7:49 am

Dear Talah,
I am planning to appeal and re-apply as well, my case is very clear, caseworker mentioned to revise some of the reference letters.

i have submitted following evidence for significant acheivement:

Fellowship award letter by UNESCO
Publications
Articals published in news papers
peers appreciation in UK news papers
Peers appreciation in UK magazine

It is cleary proved with my decesion that HSMP team need lenthy letters
to prove experience and they dnt accept to the point and comprehensive letters

KI

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon May 23, 2005 7:49 am

Dear Kashyap,

Now trhey are treating all the applciation, more or less within 2-4 weeks. As you are like many others, you can send an Urgent Request Form, which is available on the HSMP website. Anyone, whose case gets delayed for more than 4 weeks can send thsi request.

You can even call them on phone and ask them to treat it as uregent as it has been quite a long time now. THey have done it in a few cases, i have read so here in this forum itself.

ALl the best..

kashyap_desai
Newly Registered

thank you Mr Dhaval

Post by kashyap_desai » Mon May 23, 2005 8:08 am

Dear ,

i agreed with your reply as for urgent request form . but many who send urgent request , their result is negative .

I observed many cases that Home office directly refuse without reasons ..

In Some strong cases they just refused "resons is that ... Bombay Deputy commission verify and they are not satisfied with documents".
There are 42 cases were rejected by the home office and they give above reason.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon May 23, 2005 8:28 am

Bombay Deputy commission verify and they are not satisfied with documents
THis is really surprising, i had never ehard it before here on this forum. Did anyone else also read this kind of thing in any refusal letter?

I was under and impression (and have noticed in my own refusal letter) that they clearly state where u got points and where not, and what was the reson, that u didn't get the points u had claimed.

Anyways, igf u r afraid of being rejected, just because of asking for the Urgent treatment, the only way left is to wait untill they process your applciation. But i don't see any relation between rejection and urgent treamtment request.