ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

complicated case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nasiedu1
Newly Registered

complicated case

Post by nasiedu1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 pm

i need help badly pls forgive me for never posting but i do come to read now and then...Thx for you advice in advance...o here we go

i came to this country on a student visa in 2000...i renewed it in 2001 but was given 4yrs instead of 1yr...i did not enquire y i was given that since it was suppose to be 1yr... i just went on with my life...
in 2003 i lost my passport so i sent in a new passport to the home ffice and i asked for ILR base on 4yrs (i did not know that does not affect student visa holder) or they should restamp my passport with the student visa i had. For 5 yrs i did not hear from them until i sent in a request under freedom of information. when i received my folder i realise there was a internal note in there saying i have overstayed for 1 1/2 yrs when i was applying for my extension. i sent them a letter with a copy of my old passport stating that to my knowledge i have not over stayed.
i receieved a letter yesterday asking me to come for a change of circumstance interview and to bring with me documents showing where i come from eg. pasport. i was wondering what this is all about since they have my passport already. at the moment i am out of work because i was asked to produce a work permit and the manager will not accept the letter i got from the HO 5yrs ago. i have a 3yr old kid whose mother is illegal...i have been living with a british for the past 2 yrs but no kids and we not married i do receive tax credit and child benefit...
what do i do now since my interview is this month. what should i xpect and what are my chances of been deported...has anyone attended such interview and what did they ask...and what kinda documents did u take with you...also how did it go...

pls help me...thx

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:05 am

Change of circumstances interview is to be held where exactly?

I think you will find that this is the start of the process to exit you from the UK.

nasiedu1
Newly Registered

Post by nasiedu1 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Change of circumstances interview is to be held where exactly?

I think you will find that this is the start of the process to exit you from the UK.
from electric house croydon..

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:03 am

An enforcement office! I think that points to the route you are about to start on - removal.

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:18 am

Frontier Mole wrote:An enforcement office! .
They couldn't have chosen the best name for an enforcement office. Electric house, electric chair, visitors must be trembling just by hearing that name.
Do not live your life in fear.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:14 am

Anorak time.

Electric House gets its name from the original owner / occupiers / constructors of the building which was The Electricity Board for Croydon. The name is cut into the stone on the parapet of the building so is a costly business to get rid of it. Hence it retains its name.

I can assure you the chairs do not have any plugs attached........ An idea sometimes mooted by some of the staff no doubt but likely to break Art 3. :?

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:32 pm

At least it's not across the road - at Jury's Inn! :)
Oh, the drama...!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
I can assure you the chairs do not have any plugs attached........
LOL. That was interesting reading, thank you.
Any idea where does the name Lunar come from? Is it due to some lunatics that work there? Hope you're not one of them. Grin. :twisted:
Do not live your life in fear.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 pm

According to wikipedia, both lunar house and it's twin, Apollo house, were inspired by the Apollo lunar landing missions. Don't know how accurate it is.

nasiedu1
Newly Registered

Post by nasiedu1 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:06 pm

ok i got served with removal notice today at electric house...so whats next for me...apparently i can't appeal until i go home...well thats what the letter says...can i put in a civil patner application?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Ok - what document(s) did they serve you with?
IS151A?

I imagine you were asked pretty basic questions of the what, when & why varitey about your current circumstances. Any questions about where you lived in country of origin, family back home etc etc?

Did you mention your UK partner?

As a student refusal unless you bring up human rights you have no in country right of appeal. There are other technical bits and bobs that go along with that, do not worry about the detail. If you have not already told them about your UK partner you need to do so. This will engage Art 8 and give you access to a right of appeal.

nasiedu1
Newly Registered

Post by nasiedu1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Ok - what document(s) did they serve you with?
IS151A?

I imagine you were asked pretty basic questions of the what, when & why varitey about your current circumstances. Any questions about where you lived in country of origin, family back home etc etc?

Did you mention your UK partner?

As a student refusal unless you bring up human rights you have no in country right of appeal. There are other technical bits and bobs that go along with that, do not worry about the detail. If you have not already told them about your UK partner you need to do so. This will engage Art 8 and give you access to a right of appeal.
yeah it was IS151A...no date of removal on there and i thought that was strange...
i told them about my patner since they asked where i currently live and who with...that was all they asked so should i print out an apeal form and send it to them whilst i send the application for civil patnership?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:21 am

Send appeal form based on Art 8 ensure you outline the fact of your unmarried partnership - that will get you a Human Rights only appeal.

As for civil partnership - bit confused - what are you actually applying for?

nasiedu1
Newly Registered

Post by nasiedu1 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Send appeal form based on Art 8 ensure you outline the fact of your unmarried partnership - that will get you a Human Rights only appeal.

As for civil partnership - bit confused - what are you actually applying for?
sorry unmarried patnership...

Post by 1971 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 am

Hi Nas,

Be careful... I think I support the line of Article 8 and get a very good solicitor and outline your circumstances. Going to Electric House may be a journey of no return after 10 years. So be careful what steps you take.

Cheers.

Post by 1971 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:36 am

Hi Nas,

Just read the your thread about your served letter of removal. I knew that will be the next steps, that was why I advised earlier that you shouldnt go. Sorry about this.

I wish you well.

Post by 1971 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:40 am

Hi Nas,

Since the letter of removal is not dated, may I suggest that you look for a Solicitor that has treated this type of case and won - based on Article 8 Human right. Dont do this yourself bcos they will find a loophole. You have to be very careful with the decisions and step from now on onwards.

I wish you the best.

Cheers.

nasiedu1
Newly Registered

Post by nasiedu1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:42 pm

1971 wrote:Hi Nas,

Since the letter of removal is not dated, may I suggest that you look for a Solicitor that has treated this type of case and won - based on Article 8 Human right. Dont do this yourself bcos they will find a loophole. You have to be very careful with the decisions and step from now on onwards.

I wish you the best.

Cheers.
thankx..will update u guys on whats going on...

Saggi
Newly Registered

Re: complicated case

Post by Saggi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:51 am

nasiedu1 wrote:i need help badly pls forgive me for never posting but i do come to read now and then...Thx for you advice in advance...o here we go

i came to this country on a student visa in 2000...i renewed it in 2001 but was given 4yrs instead of 1yr...i did not enquire y i was given that since it was suppose to be 1yr... i just went on with my life...
in 2003 i lost my passport so i sent in a new passport to the home ffice and i asked for ILR base on 4yrs (i did not know that does not affect student visa holder) or they should restamp my passport with the student visa i had. For 5 yrs i did not hear from them until i sent in a request under freedom of information. when i received my folder i realise there was a internal note in there saying i have overstayed for 1 1/2 yrs when i was applying for my extension. i sent them a letter with a copy of my old passport stating that to my knowledge i have not over stayed.
i receieved a letter yesterday asking me to come for a change of circumstance interview and to bring with me documents showing where i come from eg. pasport. i was wondering what this is all about since they have my passport already. at the moment i am out of work because i was asked to produce a work permit and the manager will not accept the letter i got from the HO 5yrs ago. i have a 3yr old kid whose mother is illegal...i have been living with a british for the past 2 yrs but no kids and we not married i do receive tax credit and child benefit...
what do i do now since my interview is this month. what should i xpect and what are my chances of been deported...has anyone attended such interview and what did they ask...and what kinda documents did u take with you...also how did it go...

pls help me...thx

Hello nasiedu1,

I never went through this kind of situation but knew law. I think, they will call you for interview, and will listen all your story. But be sure.... you must have all the proofs whatever you say to them.... They just work on the papers not on the stories. if you living with the british person, then you must have proofs. You must have some letters on ur residance address. child birth proofs. Your previous Passport photocopy .... and tell them they can verify that photocopy from your University as at the time of the admission, one has to submit his passport photocopy.
I can understand ur problem thatz why saying.... try to have 2 proofs of your every statement.