ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:06 pm

babar asif wrote:Hi I applied end of May 2005, probably 1 or 2 weeks before you.at the end of july, they have asked me to send them the same documents . since waiting , I have contacted them but as usual response was that your application is under process. I just amussed how some people can get response in just 2 years !! when we are waiting for more then 3 years. what you think ?
i totally agree .It might be that people who are applying as spouse of irish may be getting earlier response . 3 years 4 months is a time which i feel they will take to totally process it so lets wait for another month or two .

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:23 am

@last man standing and @babar asif,
I suggest that you write to DoJ to inquire about the status of your application. I know of at least one person who had applied in Sep 2005 on the basis of completion of 5 yrs of living and working in Ireland and who got his application approved 2 weeks back.

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:34 pm

strongbow wrote:@last man standing and @babar asif,
I suggest that you write to DoJ to inquire about the status of your application. I know of at least one person who had applied in Sep 2005 on the basis of completion of 5 yrs of living and working in Ireland and who got his application approved 2 weeks back.
Only today i got a letter from DOJ asking me to send them certified bank statement for the last 3 months. i send them bank statement for the last three months printed from my online banking , now they say its not accepted to have the online statement . very surprised i had always used this form of bank statements even for my house morgage! feel like they are really looking for small excuses to delay it . any way will send it to them.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:54 pm

last man standing wrote:
Only today i got a letter from DOJ asking me to send them certified bank statement for the last 3 months. i send them bank statement for the last three months printed from my online banking , now they say its not accepted to have the online statement . very surprised i had always used this form of bank statements even for my house morgage! feel like they are really looking for small excuses to delay it . any way will send it to them.
Last man standing, could you clarify what do you mean by "certified bank statements"?

Did they specifically ask to send them paper statements that you received from your bank by post and then certified in your banks's branch?
Or you mean just hard copies of paper statements?

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:04 pm

sashasolar wrote:
last man standing wrote:
Last man standing, could you clarify what do you mean by "certified bank statements"?

Did they specifically ask to send them paper statements that you received from your bank by post and then certified in your banks's branch?
Or you mean just hard copies of paper statements?
sorry for the confusion caused by using the word "certified" . They just asked to send bank statement for three months and highlighted that they do not accept the statements printed from online banking.i guess they are looking for statements posted by your bank ......

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:13 pm

last man standing wrote:
sorry for the confusion caused by using the word "certified" . They just asked to send bank statement for three months and highlighted that they do not accept the statements printed from online banking.i guess they are looking for statements posted by your bank ......
Thanks a mil for clarification :D

elbet
Newly Registered

Is it good sign or bad sign ?

Post by elbet » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Back to DOJ letter asking for updated docs , I asked almost all friends I know who applied before me for naturalisation whether they received same letter , all of them confirmed they were not contacted and still waiting for such a letter .. I start getting worried now .. the question here is it a good sign that DOJ asked me to send updated documents ( last 3 Bank statements , pay slip , P21 , marriage & birth affidavits ) or a bad sign ?
Let me know PLease what you think about it . Anyone recently got such a letter and got good/bad feedabck from DOJ please let me know what feedback you got

Thanks

N.B this is from DOJ site : Applications for naturalisation received in May 2006 are currently being processed.

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:37 pm

last man standing :
when they are asking for bank statement , just make sure to send them your current account or the account where your pay or salary goes.

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:50 pm

elbet, thanks for the update.

They have processed one months worth of applications in a week!!! :?

Maybe they are charging for coffee in the staff canteen now, or something? :wink:

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:56 pm

babar asif wrote:last man standing :
when they are asking for bank statement , just make sure to send them your current account or the account where your pay or salary goes.
thanks babar thats what i did.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:19 pm

They even have someone now who seems to care about updating the website..That's a big step alright. I'm going to stay optimistic and hope that there has been a big push through this section and that we will all be receiving rather good news in the next while. Keep your fingers crossed :)

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:57 pm

Fionn wrote:They even have someone now who seems to care about updating the website..That's a big step alright. I'm going to stay optimistic and hope that there has been a big push through this section and that we will all be receiving rather good news in the next while. Keep your fingers crossed :)
I share your optimism Fionn! :)

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:57 am

well I've applied in May 06, so we'll soon find out how honest they are!

PatiencePracticer
Newly Registered

Post by PatiencePracticer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:47 am

On the subject of “discriminationâ€

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:59 am

That's a nice idea PatiencePracticer, but since it is totally discretionary, I would think very hard before making waves.
As I pointed out in an earlier post...

Any official query regarding the excessive processing time is usually fobbed off with the following meaningless standard reply from the minister:

"The granting of Irish Citizenship through naturalisation is an honour and applications must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is given only to persons who satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria. The procedures involved in the processing of applications have been developed and refined over a number of years and I am satisfied that they are necessary to maintain the integrity of the naturalisation process. Consequently, there is a limit to the reduction in the processing time that can be achieved."

We all know that's rubbish, but IMHO there is little we can do.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:15 pm

You can still bribe your local TD..He will get you naturalised very quickly if you gave him some donations :lol: ...
They're all giving out about foreign corrupt politicians, but they're worse in this country..

injasuti
Newly Registered

My experiences/advice

Post by injasuti » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:18 pm

July 2005 applied for naturalisation after 5 years on work permits

Feb 2008 notified by letter my application was being processed

Feb 2008 returned requested marriage affidavit signed by my solicitor

Aug 2008 told by INIS my application is "with the minister's office". The minister is away so call again in 6 weeks if I've not heard from them.

Sept(mid) 2008 received letter that my naturalisation had been approved; went to a court outside Dublin (no fee) to get a prompt civil hearing to declare my fidelity to the Irish Nation and my loyalty to the state. Send off my signed declaration and €950 fee (ouch!).

Oct 2008 (yesterday) received my certificate of naturalisation. Applied for my Irish passport today and should have it by mid-Oct.

I expect the speed up in processing times may, in part, be due to the decline in applicants for naturalisation.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:27 pm

Congratulations!

Applied Feb 2008 so I should be far away from being naturalised...
I'm going to try to use contacts though to speed this up and get naturalised next year..I know it's not fair but let's see what happens. I'll keep you all uptodate.

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:46 pm

Injasuti,
What decline in applications?

There are about 20,000 applications in the queue, and they expect to get about 10,000 this year alone. There were 8003 last year and 7030 the year before. Figures are from official sources.

Of course this is no excuse - demand for this service is predictable 5 years in advance.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:54 am

Congratulations Injasuti ! thanks for the update.

ChIrl

Re: My experiences/advice

Post by ChIrl » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:14 am

Congratulations Injasuti. Thanks for the update.

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:15 pm

injasuti, congratulations! Thanks for the updates.

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:21 pm

This from yesterdays PQs.

MoJ: "An application for long term residence from the person referred to by the Deputy was received in December 2006. I understand that applications received in January 2007 are currently being dealt with, however there is also an application for Citizenship from the person referred to by the Deputy which is in the later stages. [b]The application for long term residency is being held until a decision has been made in relation to the Citizenship application.[/b]"

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:23 pm

Can someone tell me how to use the bold, quotes, emoticons, etc. on this darned forum?
I always end up with annoying brackets, etc.!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:36 pm

bloody foreigner wrote:Can someone tell me how to use the bold, quotes, emoticons, etc. on this darned forum?
I always end up with annoying brackets, etc.!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Hi BF, when you click on the quote at the top of the message that you'd like to reply, you'll have a window with an editor.
You can use the buttons at the top of it. Such as
B for bold
or i for italic
and if you'd like to add a link, there is a URL button [url] http://sample
and the icons are on the left : :)
hope this helps