ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Dependant Application - maintenance funds + queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

need_a_tier1

Tier 1 - Dependant Application - maintenance funds + queries

Post by need_a_tier1 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Hello, I am completing the Tier-1 dependant application for my son (<2 yrs age) and my wife. I have a few doubts related to some sections of the Tier 1 dependant form. I am applying from within the UK and am switching my immigration category.

(1) Although it has been just more than one year since my wife & son arrived in the UK, however they have been out of the UK for two holidays and the duration of the time spent outside the UK in the last 12-13 month period is around 3 months. Now for the maintenance funds section, I need to show either maintenance funds of £1600 or £533 for each dependant depending on the time they have spent in the UK.

I need to know that if the day they first arrived in the UK is more than one year ago, but if they have been outside the UK for holidays for around 3 months in between, which criteria will be applicable for them - £533 (>12 months stay) OR £1600 (<12 months stay).

(2) Who can sign my son’s application form in “Section 5 - Declarationsâ€