ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Help me!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alibeatz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse Visa Help me!

Post by Alibeatz » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:08 am

Hello,

I am about to apply for spouse visa to UK and i wanted to ask; on the application as i’m the applicant and my husband is british who must meet the financial requirement? Me the applicant or my british husband ? I have £64,000 in my account which i got through property sale and its been there for 6 months .. I can meet the financial requirement alone right even though i’m the applicant or should it be the british spouse? I am from Lahore Pakistan and Husband from London UK. Please clarifiy. Thanks

vinny

Re: Spouse Visa Help me!

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:59 am

Yes. I think you may include your cash savings, subject to the requirements in Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Alibeatz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alibeatz » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:15 am

So as my british spouse hasnt been in work for a year i can show my cash savings instead?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:17 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:59 am
Yes. ... subject to the requirements in Appendix FM-SE.
Please click on any given links for further information. Search for "cash savings" in second link.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:49 am

The financial requirement can be met through various routes. Cash savings is 1 route but you must ensure you meet all the requirements associated with the cash savings route to be successful.

Check the link provided by 'vinny'.

Also check: page 44 of: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Please note: Cash savings in a foreign currency will be converted to pounds sterling using the closing spot exchange rate which appears on www.oanda.com* on the date of application.

Alibeatz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alibeatz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 pm

Please elaborate? I’m the applicant and my british spouse has been out of work for a year but i have 64000 pounds in my bank for over 6 months with sale of property papers .. i can meet the financial requirement instead despite being the applicant right? Sorry i dont understand the guide etc

Alibeatz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alibeatz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:06 pm

Btw im from pakistan and application will be made out of uk. Please answer my above question.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:03 am

Yes. Appendix FM-SE specify what cash savings evidence to submit. They may belong to the applicant.