ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test for Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bokishai
Mood:
India

English Test for Naturalisation application

Post by bokishai » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello All,

Hope you are all well & staying safe!

I am applying for my Naturalisation through the ILR route and was granted ILR on 27-Feb-2019.
For my ILR application, I had provided the B1 level qualification to meet the English language requirement.

However, the validity of the B1 level certificate has gone over 2 years (passed on 26-Jan-19).

Now, as part of my Naturalisation application and considering the validity of my B1 Certificate has gone over 2 years, I thought I would have to give the B1 level certification test again?

However, I was referring to https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -in-the-uk) and found a reference document which mentions the below:
Naturalisation applications
A person who successfully made an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of a B1 level qualification can meet the English language requirement for naturalisation without needing to pass another qualification. This is regardless of whether the original qualification is on the current SELT list.

Based on the above gov.uk reference, I understand that I would not need to give the English B1 Level test again??

Hence, would you agree with my understanding that I would not have to give the B1 test again?

Thanks in advance for your understanding and support.

Kind regards,
Sachin

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: English Test for Naturalisation application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Your understanding is correct. As long B1 SELT was accepted for ILR, it will be accepted for Naturalisation even if it is expired. You do not need another one.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bokishai
Mood:
India

Re: English Test for Naturalisation application

Post by bokishai » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:56 am

Many thanks for confirming my understanding, Cullinan!
For my ILR I had submitted CEFR B1 level.
Appreciate your response!