ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1 Points Based System UK Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

feelinglucky
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 1 Points Based System UK Visa

Post by feelinglucky » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:31 am

Hi,
I have been looking through every answer and have gathered every bit of information as i prep for my application.

I would like to understand two things around the passport

1. Should we submit an original passport
2. If we need the passport for some reason( i may be going to India from US within the 12 weeks processing period), what is the process to request a copy of the passport

amit0277

Re: Applying for Tier 1 Points Based System UK Visa

Post by amit0277 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:58 am

feelinglucky wrote:Hi,
I have been looking through every answer and have gathered every bit of information as i prep for my application.

I would like to understand two things around the passport

1. Should we submit an original passport
2. If we need the passport for some reason( i may be going to India from US within the 12 weeks processing period), what is the process to request a copy of the passport
1. Yes, one has to submit the original passport.
2. I thing you should send a mail to british high commission to get a clarification on your second question.

swati46

Post by swati46 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:00 pm

You have to submit original.
And they will not give you the passport before the visa ( takes about 7-8 weeks). You only get it if there is an emergency. Travel plans , job joining is not considered to be an emergency. Read the guidelines on the website (home office)