ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

more than 6 months EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutepearl

more than 6 months EEA2

Post by cutepearl » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:53 am

how many people here have applied at least 6 months ago and have not heard anything from home office ???
mine is already 7 months...

Any correspondence from home office to you guys ??

urgentr

Post by urgentr » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 am

Hi,
I applied 2 months ago and I have not yet heard anything from them.
I applied on july the 3rd from with in UK for Tier 1.
Could you please let me know when did you apply from and for what visa.
Thanks In advance.

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi, my husband applied end of February and we did not hear anything. After 6 month we sent complaint letters, to the complaint center and to HO Liverpool, as we knew, it's been handled there. 1 week later, they send a letter, we should send our passports back. Now we are waiting for the residency card to arrive, could be any day!!

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:14 am

thanks sunshine

i did the same they asked for my wifes payslip new ones i sent them on the 4th septemeber and waiting since... hopefully soon as we are travelling 1st week of novemebr..i applied mid february

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi Cutepearl,
we also sent passports and new payslips on the 4th september. They gave us a call, appologizing for the long wait, (after our complaint letters) and told us, will only take 2 weeks!!! 3 weeks are gone now and I gave them a call this morning, the answer was, still under consideration and we have to wait, how long, he did not know!!!
I don't know how to speed them up?? Another complaintletter??
We also want to travel in November, only end of the month, but my husbands need first a Schengen Visum to travel to Germany!!!
But anyway, good luck!!!

cb1964

Post by cb1964 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Yep, it is indeed taking forever. We are now well into our seventh month of waiting.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:29 pm

yea they are just miserable.. i received a letter from liverpool office last friday and they apologised and said that they can confirm that my case has been decided i called them on monday and they said its under consideration. this morning i called them and they said that its awaiting further consideration...

really pissed off i dont know what they are doing ... he said that it might have been decided thats why its just been put aside...

my employer is running out of patience as well...

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:26 pm

...do u know where they studied the EEA4 application forms , is it in Croydon or Liverpool .... I'm a bit confuse now , i need some serious help , my case is a bit complicated , before i applied for the UK PR i left the UK about 2 months before my resident permit expired i went to France to apply for the permanent resident of France , as my wife is French .i had the resident permit in about 25days. but i'm thinking if its possible to send my wife to apply for my UK PR , do u think it will be a problem for that , as if it was me who applied for it...plzzzzzzz let me know . and do u know how long is the waiting time thanks

eylemy
Newly Registered

Can someone give me the adress of Liverpool for EEA-2

Post by eylemy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 am

Hi,
I applied at the end of March, 6 months past. No response, no passport.
My husband called them 2 times and they apologize but no action. I will write a compaint letter and see how it goes.Will fax them as well. I will pressure them as much as it goes.They actually know that is against law.
I lost my uncle, my mum is in a horrible situation , can not go and support her. it is just so horrible what they doing to our lives.

Does anyone know where to post this letter and if there is any fax number, i would appreciate.
Many thanks.

eylemy
Newly Registered

Can someone give me the adress of Liverpool for EEA-2

Post by eylemy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:45 am

Hi,
I applied at the end of March, 6 months past. No response, no passport.
My husband called them 2 times and they apologize but no action. I will write a compaint letter and see how it goes.Will fax them as well. I will pressure them as much as it goes.They actually know that is against law.
I lost my uncle, my mum is in a horrible situation , can not go and support her. it is just so horrible what they doing to our lives.

Does anyone know where to post this letter and if there is any fax number, i would appreciate.
Many thanks.

swish
Newly Registered

Post by swish » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 pm

I applied for mine on the 26th March, going on 7 months now and nothing! We've called twice and all they say is that it hasn't been processed yet. Really concerned as I'm supposed to be traveling early December.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do if I don't get it back by the time I have to leave? I've heard that I'll probably have to get a family permit from the country that I'm coming back from... is this true?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

eylemy
Newly Registered

Post by eylemy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:58 am

swish wrote:I applied for mine on the 26th March, going on 7 months now and nothing! We've called twice and all they say is that it hasn't been processed yet. Really concerned as I'm supposed to be traveling early December.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do if I don't get it back by the time I have to leave? I've heard that I'll probably have to get a family permit from the country that I'm coming back from... is this true?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Swish,
I am afraid you will have to wait until they finalise.It had that experience. I had to withdraw my first application after 5 months due to urgent travel reasons.First they said I had to get family permit for a year from my country and 3 days after my passport arrived, they sent an immigration document with a Residence Card.Unfortunately i could not travel any other european country once i wanted to get a schengen visa, because they do not like visas stamped out of passports.
My second application was made on 28th of March 2008, still waiting and mine is for transferring my residence card to my new passport , but taking ages.They consider it as new application.
I have sent a letter yesterday, see how they take it!

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:46 pm

7and a 1/2 month are gone, since my husband applied for his EEA2 Residency card. We wrote two complaint letters after the first one, they requested the passports back, after the 2nd one, the wrote usback, is beeing considered activly. But when I call they still tell me, his application is awaiting conideration. I logged a complaint with SOLVIT now, they contacted me the same day and asked for details and our correspondence with the home office. I help they can help us! Does anyone have experience in complaining via SOLVIT?? Is there anything else we can do, any ideas?

swish
Newly Registered

Post by swish » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi eylemy, many thanks for your help on this.

waitingeea2
Newly Registered

Post by waitingeea2 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:57 pm

its my 7 months as well.i sent off a complaint letter on monday.lets see wat happens!!!!

eylemy
Newly Registered

Post by eylemy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:45 pm

waitingeea2 wrote:its my 7 months as well.i sent off a complaint letter on monday.lets see wat happens!!!!
Hi,
Sent two letters in three weeks, one of them registered.I called them and they confirmed that they received the letter,but talking to them is like talking to a wall.
Still no response,waiting waiting and waiting...
I am wishing this to be over for all of us soon...
regards.

uk868
Newly Registered

Post by uk868 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:27 am

eylemy wrote:
swish wrote:I applied for mine on the 26th March, going on 7 months now and nothing! We've called twice and all they say is that it hasn't been processed yet. Really concerned as I'm supposed to be traveling early December.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Swish,
I am afraid you will have to wait until they finalise.It had that experience. I had to withdraw my first application after 5 months due to urgent travel reasons.First they said I had to get family permit for a year from my country and 3 days after my passport arrived, they sent an immigration document with a Residence Card.Unfortunately i could not travel any other european country once i wanted to get a schengen visa, because they do not like visas stamped out of passports.
My second application was made on 28th of March 2008, still waiting and mine is for transferring my residence card to my new passport , but taking ages.They consider it as new application.
I have sent a letter yesterday, see how they take it!
Hi Eylemy,
I got my residence card last year, after 08 months waiting. It could be longer, luckily my partner was asking passport back as he needed to travel with it.
But the same thing happened on me, they accidently sent both of passports back, therefore, few days later after we got passports, they issued me residence card on an immigration paper. As you said I can not travel to anywhere in EU , because i can not simply get Schgen visa!!
Just wondering, you wrote above comment in JUN, have you recieved your passport with stamp on by now? May considering to do re-apply.
Many Tks
uk868

swish
Newly Registered

Post by swish » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:57 am

So am I correct in saying that there is no way of obtaining a schengen visa with your residence card on an immigration paper? Why is this, do embassy's not consider this a valid form of visa or is it that they just refuse to stamp it?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:17 am

Just in case you guys didn't know already here a link to a comprehensive discussion on this matter on the UK Resident Immigration Forum (registration required).

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 am

The Directive says the maximum wait is six months. Have none of you written to the European Commission?
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

uk868
Newly Registered

Post by uk868 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 pm

swish wrote:So am I correct in saying that there is no way of obtaining a schengen visa with your residence card on an immigration paper? Why is this, do embassy's not consider this a valid form of visa or is it that they just refuse to stamp it?
Hi Swish,
I only tried French Embassy in London, according to their policy, they can not issue Shengen visa for people holding this paper. I had problem at passport control in Luxemburg airport, they could not believe such important status is on a piece of paper.
So, better wait be patient and get it on your passport!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 am

86ti wrote:Just in case you guys didn't know already here a link to a comprehensive discussion on this matter on the UK Resident Immigration Forum (registration required).
(totally off topic...) 86ti, how can I rename a link as you've done above for the UK Res. site? I seem to only be able to paste the raw link...

Thanks!

swish
Newly Registered

Post by swish » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:55 pm

uk868 wrote:Hi Swish,
I only tried French Embassy in London, according to their policy, they can not issue Shengen visa for people holding this paper. I had problem at passport control in Luxemburg airport, they could not believe such important status is on a piece of paper.
So, better wait be patient and get it on your passport!
Thanks for the info uk868 :wink:

rogerex

Still wating

Post by rogerex » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:56 pm

I'm in the same situation, it's been 6 months for me, I sent my application in May, and not heard about them since them I called like 5 times and I always get the same asnwer saying that is under consideration, and they can only advice for me to wait further. My wife reuqested her passport back in July becasue she needed to travel urgently and they said this wont affect the application. When I explained that we have ticket to travel in december they said that I can request my passport back,. but then I dont know how can I come back to the country. Any advice?

Thanks in advance