ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error in MN1 form before Biometric

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahidpatel22

Error in MN1 form before Biometric

Post by sahidpatel22 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi All,

Hope all are okay and keeping well.

Just wanted to ask an advice regarding an error in MN1 for for my child.

I have fill the MN1 for for citizenship of my son and forgot to put his middle name in the form.

I have wrote his first name and surname everywhere. in application form, in referee forms, all the consent forms.

I realise this when I was going to upload the documents in online portal.

I have paid the fees and submitted the application form and I have appointment booked on 30/03/2020 for his biometric.

Can I change his name on application form just need to add the middle name.

If so how can I do that.

Hope to get response soon.

Stay safe

Kind Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Error in MN1 form before Biometric

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Before I suggest something, I would like to know what name is on your child’s Birth Certificate? BRP (if any), home country’s passport (if any)?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sahidpatel22

Post by sahidpatel22 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:27 pm

Hi Thank you for your reply.

My son name on his Uk birth certificate is “xxxxxxx”

My name is sahid and his middle name is sahid.

I have wrote in his MN1 form and all other documents as “xxxxxxx” not included the middle name.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:04 am

You can not change the name on the submitted application form. However, you can write a cover letter and mention the full name. Upload with the rest of the documents.

The most important is that HO gets the correct full name printed on the registration certificate.
As the name on the UK birth certificate is correct and HO will match that name with the British registration certificate, it should be okay.

Note: You can still correct the name on the referee forms and consent form at least. All the other documents can be changed and uploaded again before 30th March. The only thing you cant change is the online submitted form.

But if you have already self-submitted your documents, then you cant change them. In that case rely on a cover letter. Should be fine.

Moderators: Please delete OP’s real name in the previous post. Thanks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sahidpatel22

Post by sahidpatel22 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Thank you so much for your advice.

I have drafted this letter

We, xxx xxxx xxxx and xxx xxx xxx, the parents and rightful guardians of xxxx xxxx xxxx, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under

The name xxx xxx xxx(correct name), as per declared in the birth Registration document belongs to the one and same person xxx xxx xxxx (incorrect name); as the name mentioned in all other documents

The above is the variations of the same name and should not be considered name changes.

So I do hereby solemnly affirm that the above are true and correct statements. I understand giving false testimony under oath in connection with an application is a criminal offense that can attract severe terms of imprisonment.

I therefore request that his official documents for British Citizenship be under xxx xxxx xxxx(correct name).

Please advise if this is okay.

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:49 pm

TBH no need to make it so complicated. Simply state you forgot to mention the middle name in the online form and the correct name (full name) is as stated in the birth certificate.