ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application with no UK resident history

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mh8784
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa application with no UK resident history

Post by mh8784 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi All,

Over the years I have found so much help from these boards. I am now enquiring for a family member who is looking to apply for the UK sposue visa.

The wife is a UK Citizen (by birth) and husband is a Pakistani national. They have been married for over 15 years. The kids are UK Citizens (because mother is a UK Citizen by birth).

Both have been living abroad. Wife was born in the UK but has not resided in the UK since childhood.

The financial support will be based on savings, as neither sposue has a job in the UK. I believe the threshold is around £62,500.

My two-pronged question is:

1) Does the wife need to be physically present/resident in the UK before supporting a visa application for the husband? Does it suffice that she moves to the UK, rents an appropriate accommodation, and then file for the spouse visa application straightaway?

2) Is there any complication with the financial support via savings, or will it suffice to provide over 6 months of bank statements showing the savings?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.
Hammad

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa application with no UK resident history

Post by manci » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:16 pm

mh8784 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:52 pm
Does the wife need to be physically present/resident in the UK before supporting a visa application for the husband?
No
mh8784 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:52 pm
Is there any complication with the financial support via savings
read the guidance about what supporting documents are required for savings
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

mh8784
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa application with no UK resident history

Post by mh8784 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 pm

Thanks manci

It appears that under Category D rules the cash savings of £62,500 or more should do the trick.

I will need to look further into the minimum holding period if the cash savings are obtained by liquidating a property. The guidance booklet states that in this case, if it can be shown that the liquated property was under the ownership fo the applicant, and it was under ownership 6 months before the application date, then it's not a problem if the liquadation occured less than 6 months ago.