ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 apply in aboard

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anyuhatfield
Newly Registered
China

MN1 apply in aboard

Post by anyuhatfield » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:47 pm

Dear admin:

My kid was born in UK in 2019 and got chinese passport and i got my ILR in 2020; we applied her ILR for her with my wife together, it is still in processing but i believe should be ready soon.
Now we changed our mind, we would like to register her as british citizen ( i understood that will invoke her ILR); my question is can we register her citizen outside UK since we plan to bring her back to China, she can take the photo/figure print in UK embassy ? If so, once the citizen application approved, we can apply passport for her in China as well?

many thanks for you help
Eddy

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 apply in aboard

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:20 am

Your previous post suggests your child already had ILR in November 2020?

british-citizenship/apply-citizenship-f ... l#p1960693

UK born child is entitled to be registered as British Citizen as long one parent has ILR. She can be registered abroad i.e. in China. The process will take longer though. Also, she can apply for a British Passport overseas i.e. in China but it will take long too (up to 1 year or so). Also, parent’s ILR must be valid at that time. If you plan to stay longer outside UK, as you know ILR will lapse after 2 years.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anyuhatfield
Newly Registered
China

Post by anyuhatfield » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Many thanks for your reply, i believe the application link is same for UK and outside UK application?
The finger print/photo taken can be taken in China?

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:20 am
Your previous post suggests your child already had ILR in November 2020?

british-citizenship/apply-citizenship-f ... l#p1960693

UK born child is entitled to be registered as British Citizen as long one parent has ILR. She can be registered abroad i.e. in China. The process will take longer though. Also, she can apply for a British Passport overseas i.e. in China but it will take long too (up to 1 year or so). Also, parent’s ILR must be valid at that time. If you plan to stay longer outside UK, as you know ILR will lapse after 2 years.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:03 pm

For MN1 from China:
The link is the same but when you start the application, the first question will be: Are you in UK or not? Select you are outside UK and then proceed. The form will adapt accordingly. Also, children only need to attend biometrics centre for photo. You will have to select an adult who will accompany the Child in China to the centre during filling the form.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1

For Passport in China:
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Attachments
ED2BDA7A-D5A1-4456-899B-AF4C4F262D1A.png
ED2BDA7A-D5A1-4456-899B-AF4C4F262D1A.png (887.36 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anyuhatfield
Newly Registered
China

Post by anyuhatfield » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:24 pm

Thank you very much for your help, you are a star!