ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa - financially dependent parent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rr1987
Newly Registered

Standard visitor visa - financially dependent parent

Post by Rr1987 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi all, hope you are well!

I am applying visa for my financially dependent parents and have below questions.

1. I am sending amount for their monthly expenses. They have a house in their name and my dad is doing share trading. Can we give the amount generated on share trading as an income?

2. They are mainly coming here is to visit our son for the very first time. Can we mention that as a visit reason? Will that be a problem. Not sure if i can tourism as a reason due to covid.

3. How much money should we need to show in the savings account for my dad and my mother if they stay for 3-4 months?

san_kad2
Newly Registered
India

Re: Standard visitor visa - financially dependent parent

Post by san_kad2 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:12 pm

If you are applying for the first time please ensure

- List of assets on their name
- Their income ( even small amount is also fine )
- Relatives or their bond to India to ensure they will return home after their stay
- Spenser also need to give assurance that applicant will return after Visa validity

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:49 pm

If they are financially dependent on their UK based son, their case for a visit visa becomes considerably weak.

They will need to demonstrate that they have strong ties back home that they would want to return to.

I'd suggest sponsoring one parent at a time (i.e. only one parent visits you in the UK, with the other parent effectively becoming the stronger tie for them to return to their country of origin).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Rr1987
Newly Registered

Post by Rr1987 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:10 pm

Thanks!

Can we mention ‘visiting grandson for first-time’ as a reason for visit?

malhotrag
Newly Registered
India

Post by malhotrag » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:00 am

Hello,

I am in similar situation as you. I want to invite my parent too. I have two children who have never seen their grandparents. My mother came 11 years ago to see my first born and went back after 2 months when he was only 3 months old.

My parents are also retired with no pension or any assents, just some savings of £6000 thousand each and no assets in India, had business but all closed as both over 70 years old. My mother and father both file ITRs (tax returns) of about 3 lakh ruppees as they have been doing from last 10 years. I support them by sending them money from UK and my brother in INdia helps them financially.

Not sure how i should approach filing their visit visa application.

And those question about their income and expenditure are confusing and the amount i need to sponsor them with is also confusing..

if you have any idea please help or advice..

thanks,
CM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:09 am

malhotrag wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:00 am
Hello,

I am in similar situation as you. I want to invite my parent too. I have two children who have never seen their grandparents. My mother came 11 years ago to see my first born and went back after 2 months when he was only 3 months old.

My parents are also retired with no pension or any assents, just some savings of £6000 thousand each and no assets in India, had business but all closed as both over 70 years old. My mother and father both file ITRs (tax returns) of about 3 lakh ruppees as they have been doing from last 10 years. I support them by sending them money from UK and my brother in INdia helps them financially.

Not sure how i should approach filing their visit visa application.

And those question about their income and expenditure are confusing and the amount i need to sponsor them with is also confusing..

if you have any idea please help or advice..

thanks,
CM
Please continue in your own topic you already have instead of tagging your questions onto someone else's topic.

general-uk-immigration-forum/visitor-vi ... l#p1986383
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.