ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Average processing time for naturalisation applications - 2 months since biometrics appointment and still waiting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

engineer86
Canada

Average processing time for naturalisation applications - 2 months since biometrics appointment and still waiting

Post by engineer86 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:29 pm

Hi all,
I attended the biometrics appointment for my naturalisation application on 14th January. It's been almost two months since and I haven't heard anything back. I regularly check the timelines section here and I can see that a lot of people received an approval notification within a month or so. I'm just wondering why it's taking them so long to process my application? I have a perfect character record, have never been in breach of any immigration laws since I first entered the UK in 2010, and never even received any points on my driving licence.

Is anyone else here experiencing a similar delay? Should I contact UKVI through email?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Average processing time for naturalisation applications - 2 months since biometrics appointment and still waiting

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:30 pm

It can take up to 6 months, sometimes longer. Nothing you can do but wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Average processing time for naturalisation applications - 2 months since biometrics appointment and still waiting

Post by bizman » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:08 pm

You have to wait. I’m also waiting for mine. Been 1.5 months after biometric for me, so just wait.
Bizman

Omar222
Pakistan

Post by Omar222 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:38 am

Same i am also waiting
I applied on 31st dec 2020 and done biometrics on 3/02/2021
Still received nothing even my Brp expiring on 31st march
I am so worried dont know what to do