ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU permanant RP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xy_marshall
Newly Registered

EU permanant RP

Post by xy_marshall » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:21 pm

Now I've worked in Belgium for three years and reside in Belgium. Where I can find the information if I'm qualified to apply for EU permant RP?

I also have some years before in France. Are the years in France counted together in apply for EU RP?

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:26 am

First off I where are you from??? What is your current??? visa status ???

I don't think there is a EU RP....maybe you mean a long form permit issued by member states after 5 years of continuous residence? Which I think then entitles you to work in other member states! Well in Italy we have this! Not to sure what it is called in other places???

Also the best thing you can do is probably wait and apply for citizenship?

xy_marshall
Newly Registered

Post by xy_marshall » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:56 am

European permanent PR does exsit......see link below

http://www.diyexpat.com/visa%20guide/eupermres.html

Just not sure who has successful experience........................................

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:54 am

xy_marshall wrote:European permanent PR does exsit......see link below

Just not sure who has successful experience........................................
Yes but it is in the format of what the previous posted explained above. You must have PR in one country of the EU, then if you move, you can transfer the status. However it is not an EU PR per se in the sense that it isn't one ID from the EU, it is and ID from the first country you obtained PR which is then turned in and replaced by another PR ID of the country you move to.

xy_marshall
Newly Registered

Post by xy_marshall » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:57 pm

republique wrote:
xy_marshall wrote:European permanent PR does exsit......see link below

Yes but it is in the format of what the previous posted explained above. You must have PR in one country of the EU, then if you move, you can transfer the status. However it is not an EU PR per se in the sense that it isn't one ID from the EU, it is and ID from the first country you obtained PR which is then turned in and replaced by another PR ID of the country you move to.
well, I heard EU PR can be applied without obtaining a PR in one of the EU countries.

Anyway, what you explained is interesting, meaning if I have a Beglian PR then I moved to Netherlands, I can also apply for a dutch PR from Netherlands government?