ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC - police checks

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brummel
Newly Registered

BC - police checks

Post by brummel » Thu May 05, 2005 1:23 pm

Does anybody know whether the police checks for british nationality are being done in the UK or worldwide or in the country of origin?

A Philippino friend and an American friend got their nationality application processed in 1 month. A Colombian friend has a similar situation to a Philipino and American (4 years work permit, 1 year ILR) but had to wait 1 year.

Someone suggested this is because the police asks the authorities in the native country to check the criminal records and Colombia was too slow to respond.

Is this true?

desperado

Post by desperado » Sat May 14, 2005 12:44 pm

To be honest we will never know whether these comments about BC police checks are true or not. But I think they will surely do some background checks with police i think...

If I'm right you applied for BC between 21-24 March. Am I right? Did you hear anything back about your BC application status? I think you applied 2-3 days before my application.

Could you let us know what's your status on BC application please?

brummel
Newly Registered

Post by brummel » Tue May 17, 2005 3:52 pm

I got an acknowledgement letter after 1 April.