ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship + Good character + Caution + Illegal working

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Citizenship + Good character + Caution + Illegal working

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Dear members,

Here I am again. Its time to prepare for my citizenship application but got few final questions.

Timeline
2002 : I came to the country and claimed asylum (i was 15 years old)
2003: got Discretionary leave to remain until 2005 (18 years old)
2005: applied for extension.
2007: got refused
2008: went to magistrate court and still got refused
2010: I was asked to sign and report
2011: got discretionary leave to remain outside immigration rules in August (3 years)
2015: applied for extension via solicitor (first application was wrong and got a 3C to submit a new form)
2016: got 2nd extension (3 years)
2018: applied for indefinite leave to remain and got it on January 2018.

I was told to wait until 2021 August to apply for citizenship. Looking at the timeline above aswell as working illegally and this has shown up when I asked for employment history from 2009 until February 2011 but never got caught.

I am trying to be careful and not to submit an application which could drop me into a 10 years ban due to illegal working. I also had a minor caution from the police (2007) but its in their system record which i had to mention during my ILR application.

I know i should wait until August 2021 which is 5 months away but i need to see my mum who is ill in a different country (not the country i sought asylum from) and i dont have a passport at all from the relevant authorities.

Can i submit lets say in June 2021 and then when my application gets seen by a case worker it will be beyond the 10 years limit as normally they take 3 to 6 months. Just to note the last time i worked illegally and shows on the DWP form was on February 2011 (so i should be safe from this side).

This group has always been very helpful throughout my journey and this application is my final step towards freedom but i need to be careful.

Thanks in advance

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship + Good character + Caution + Illegal working

Post by London22 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:33 pm
Dear members,

Here I am again. Its time to prepare for my citizenship application but got few final questions.

Timeline
2002 : I came to the country and claimed asylum (i was 15 years old)
2003: got Discretionary leave to remain until 2005 (18 years old)
2005: applied for extension.
2007: got refused
2008: went to magistrate court and still got refused
2010: I was asked to sign and report
2011: got discretionary leave to remain outside immigration rules in August (3 years)
2015: applied for extension via solicitor (first application was wrong and got a 3C to submit a new form)
2016: got 2nd extension (3 years)
2018: applied for indefinite leave to remain and got it on January 2018.

I was told to wait until 2021 August to apply for citizenship. Looking at the timeline above aswell as working illegally and this has shown up when I asked for employment history from 2009 until February 2011 but never got caught.

I am trying to be careful and not to submit an application which could drop me into a 10 years ban due to illegal working. I also had a minor caution from the police (2007) but its in their system record which i had to mention during my ILR application.

I know i should wait until August 2021 which is 5 months away but i need to see my mum who is ill in a different country (not the country i sought asylum from) and i dont have a passport at all from the relevant authorities.

Can i submit lets say in June 2021 and then when my application gets seen by a case worker it will be beyond the 10 years limit as normally they take 3 to 6 months. Just to note the last time i worked illegally and shows on the DWP form was on February 2011 (so i should be safe from this side).

This group has always been very helpful throughout my journey and this application is my final step towards freedom but i need to be careful.

Thanks in advance
Hello
If they have strictly told you to apply in August 2021 then you should not apply earlier than this .Another importacanas you are not a refugee hence travelling to your own country isnt a problem at all as it can be evil to stop you going to your country when you havent been accepted as asylum seeker. You can apply your national passport and if it is too difficult due to that country & not you then there is another way you can apply for UK travel document which is similar to british passport & using that passport you can travel anywhere . Again ,dont apply earlier than August 2021 as you might be refused & home office loves the money they save from refusals.
Goodluck.

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Re: Citizenship + Good character + Caution + Illegal working

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks for the response. When i mentioned (they) it was this group coordinators and feedback from many other friends. So i have not applied for citizenship before.
2nd i was issued twice with a certificate of travel document but the when i tried applying again i was refused as they said i need to go and get it from my embassy. but my embassy wont even invite me in due to me not having no documents stating my nationality. so i am in a limbo.

What are my chances of success?