ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse - Further Tier-2 Extension or FLR(M) while ILR Under Review

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Spouse - Further Tier-2 Extension or FLR(M) while ILR Under Review

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:07 pm

Hello.

I am asking this question for a friend. He has applied for ILR under the 10 years route, and his last visa was Tier-2. He is currently waiting for the outcome of his ILR application.

His wife has entered the UK six months ago on a Tier-2 dependent visa, and is still on this visa, which will expire mid-April in-line with his visa.

She has to apply for a visa before her current visa expires. Can she apply for FLR(M) as her spouse has already applied for ILR and is waiting, or does she have to apply for Tier-2 dependent extension, noting that her husband's visa expires in a month time anyway too?

Many thanks.
Last edited by mashayekh_hosein on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse - Further Tier-2 Extension or FLR(M) while ILR Under Review

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:10 pm

She cannot apply for a tier 2 dependent visa. The rules do not permit this.

The only option she has is the FLR M visa, meeting the English and financial requirements. She must apply before her current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.