ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I make ILR without life in the UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sazh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

LIUK without passport

Post by Sazh1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:19 am

lema9994 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:43 pm
Just read the front page of guides

You must have permission to stay (‘leave to remain’). This can be in any immigration category, or a combination of different immigration categories.

You must also have:

been in the UK legally for 10 years (known as your ‘continuous residence’)
kept to the terms of your UK visa
If you’re aged 18 to 65 years old, you must:

pass the Life in the UK Test
prove you have sufficient English language skills
If you do not meet these 2 requirements you can apply to extend.

Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK
Haven’t read any thing which is complusary to vaild passport while submitting application of Set LR .. still wanted to your opinion sir
Dear Lema,

glad to hear that you have obtained your ILR couple of days ago.

My application is under pending (FLR FP). I have completed 10 years on 12 March. but have not done Life in the UK test yet as my passport is at the home office. Have you done your Life in the UK test before submitting the ILR(LR)? I have asked you this questions because you have mentioned this in your this post.

Look forward to seeing your response. and anyone can suggest me please can I do Life in the UK test without passport as my passport is at the home office now. Thank you.

mapreader
Hong Kong

Re: Extension visa refused

Post by mapreader » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:44 am

I think you can use the BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) for the test.

https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test
Sazh1 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:19 am
Dear Lema,

glad to hear that you have obtained your ILR couple of days ago.

My application is under pending (FLR FP). I have completed 10 years on 12 March. but have not done Life in the UK test yet as my passport is at the home office. Have you done your Life in the UK test before submitting the ILR(LR)? I have asked you this questions because you have mentioned this in your this post.

Look forward to seeing your response. and anyone can suggest me please can I do Life in the UK test without passport as my passport is at the home office now. Thank you.

Sazh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Can I make ILR without life in the UK test

Post by Sazh1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:52 pm

Dear People,

I would like to inform you that currently I am 10 years in the UK.

One application (FLR FP) with paragraph 39E is being under consideration since October 2020 but have not got outcome yet. I have completed 10 years on 12 March 2021.

My Questions to you guys are following:

1. I have not done the Life in the UK test yet because my passport is at the home office, is there any ways to contact home office in regards to passport for life in the UK test?

2. Can I apply ILR or SET(0) without Life in the UK test?

3.Can I take life in the uk test without passport.

Look forward to seeing your suggestions. Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can I make ILR without life in the UK test

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:21 am

Sazh1 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:52 pm
Dear People,

One application (FLR FP) with paragraph 39E is being under consideration since October 2020 but have not got outcome yet. I have completed 10 years on 12 March 2021.

1. I have not done the Life in the UK test yet because my passport is at the home office, is there any ways to contact home office in regards to passport for life in the UK test?

The long residence is based on continuous lawful residence. The long residence will certainly fail (as per tribunal's ruling on Junied Ahmed's case)
If you are already an overstayer and hoping to rely on paragraph 39E, you will fail under the long residence. This because as per the tribunal's ruling, disregarded current overstaying does not count as lawful residence. So overstaying only is disregarded when you regularise your stay.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-10-years ... l#p1854791

The long residence form is SET(LR) not SET(O). You must have LIUK or else your ILR will not succeed. You need a valid ID to take the test
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sazh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sazh1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:55 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:21 am
Sazh1 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:52 pm
Dear People,

The long residence is based on continuous lawful residence. The long residence will certainly fail (as per Tribunal's ruling on Junied Ahmed's case)
If you are already an overstayer and hoping to rely on paragraph 39E, you will fail under the long residence. This because as per the tribunal's ruling, disregarded current overstaying does not count as lawful residence. So overstaying only is disregarded when you regularise your stay.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-10-years ... l#p1854791

The long residence form is SET(LR) not SET(O). You must have LIUK or else your ILR will not succeed. You need a valid ID to take the test
Dear Zimba,

Many thanks for your advise.

So, I have to wait before getting the decision of my previous application. It is mean that if my pending FLR FP Granted then I would be regularise my stay and then I can apply for ILR (lR). Is That Right?

Look forward to seeing your response. Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:25 am

Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice