ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bristish Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mustafa23
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Bristish Passport

Post by mustafa23 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:07 am

Hi i came to uk last february with returning resident visa. i have been living in the uk over than a year. i passed life in uk and language test at 2015.Can i able to apply for brisith passport.Do i need to take any test? i have(BRP) setlement at the moment. i would like to apply for brisith passport and if possible can you giver me apply link as well please. Thank you so much for your help.

secret.simon

Re: Bristish Passport

Post by secret.simon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:28 am

You can't apply directly for a British passport. You need to apply for naturalisation using Form AN, then once approved, attend a citizenship ceremony. Only then can you apply for a British passport.

As you are married to a British citizen, were you physically present in the UK three years ago?

In the immediately preceding three years, have you been absent from the UK for less than 270 days?

Keep in mind that the requirements for naturalisation are much stricter and more precise than those for ILR. The Home Office will also look at your immigration history and conduct over the past 10 years.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mustafa23
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by mustafa23 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:47 am

i have had indefinite at 2105 im still married with an english lady. i am bipolar i went to my country for treatment. i havent been to uk between 2015 to february 2020.i dont have any criminal record in the uk .

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:18 am

mustafa23 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:47 am
i havent been to uk between 2015 to february 2020.
Then it is unlikely that you will be able to apply for naturalisation/British citizenship for at least three years as the physical presence requirement is one that the Home Office has no discretion to disregard.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mustafa23
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by mustafa23 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:23 am

thank you so much