ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Agency/contractor sponsoring for FLR/spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vivekskuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR/spouse visa renewal/sponsor documentation help

Post by vivekskuk » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:37 pm

Hello all

This will be my first message on here so please do be considerate if you have to repeat again

My wife BRP expiring in June-21 and she came to this country on 7/9/2018 on a spouse visa dependent on me (her husband and also the sponsor)

She has been here 30 months now (from date she entered the UK) therefore I believe we can apply for her FLR/renewal

- I am an agency/contractor worker who has had two roles in two different companies within last 12 months. I want to know how i can obtain an employment letter from the company that i worked with as I went through an agency who helped me find that role.
Although i work for that company, i get paid through the agency after they deduct their commission etc so on the bank statements I receive money from the agency rather than the company

- Who do i need to get an employment letter from?
-If the employment letter is from my company and the payslips/money received is from the agency into the bank statements, what do i need to explain on the application?
- How can i explain this situation?

- What other documentation would be needed to show my financial support?

If there are any gaps or clarifications you guys need then please feel free to ask away so you get the full picture :)

Many thanks

secret.simon

Re: FLR/spouse visa renewal/sponsor documentation help

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Wo issues you your payslips and who deducts your income tax, etc? Are your payslips issued by the company or the agency? If the latter, you are an employee of the latter.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vivekskuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vivekskuk » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Yes it is the latter, the agency.

In that case what you would suggest for the questions in the above thread

thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:46 pm

vivekskuk wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:37 pm
Hello all

This will be my first message on here so please do be considerate if you have to repeat again

My wife BRP expiring in June-21 and she came to this country on 7/9/2018 on a spouse visa dependent on me (her husband and also the sponsor)

She has been here 30 months now (from date she entered the UK) therefore I believe we can apply for her FLR/renewal

- I am an agency/contractor worker who has had two roles in two different companies within last 12 months. I want to know how i can obtain an employment letter from the company that i worked with as I went through an agency who helped me find that role.
Although i work for that company, i get paid through the agency after they deduct their commission etc so on the bank statements I receive money from the agency rather than the company

- Who do i need to get an employment letter from? You are employed by the agency so therefore employment letter should be issued by them.

-If the employment letter is from my company and the payslips/money received is from the agency into the bank statements, what do i need to explain on the application?
- How can i explain this situation? Payslips is not issued by the company you work for but your agency so they need to explain your pay such as rates, hours worked each week etc

6 months payslips if you have been with the agency longer than 6 months CAT A
6 months bank statements
Employment letter from the agency

If there are any gaps or clarifications you guys need then please feel free to ask away so you get the full picture :)

Many thanks
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

vivekskuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vivekskuk » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:11 am

- Who do i need to get an employment letter from? You are employed by the agency so therefore employment letter should be issued by them. - What if the agency does not accept and provide me with an employment letter? As technically i do not work for them so they are not legally obliged to provide this right?

- How can i explain this situation? Payslips is not issued by the company you work for but your agency so they need to explain your pay such as rates, hours worked each week etc

6 months payslips if you have been with the agency longer than 6 months CAT A - I have worked less than 6 months as I have been here only since last 4 months, so i only have 4 months payslips. I have worked in another role in last 12 months and my gross pay does exceed the minimum threshold required within the last 12 months. Can i still opt for CAT A or will it be CAT B? If it is CAT B, will i need an employment letter again from the agency?
6 months bank statements
Employment letter from the agency

Many thanks

vivekskuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vivekskuk » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:09 pm

There is a slightly additional complication. My payslips, payroll and other admin duties are carried out by another payroll/subcontracted company that is linked with the agency.

The payslips and money i receive into my bank statements is from this subcontracted company.

Do i need to provide an employment letter from the subcontracted company as they issue my payslips?
Does the sub contracted company need to explain i am an agency worker working for the agency and the issuance of the payslips is by the subcontracted company?

If i take your suggestion of obtaining the employment letter from the agency then will it add a bit of confusion to the application as my payslips wont match the employer letter

Many thanks again !!

vivekskuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Agency/contractor sponsoring for FLR/spouse visa

Post by vivekskuk » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Hello all

Not sure if this topic is already being addressed on here as I couldn't find it in the forum, but i am quite certain it will be common

Myself - works for a company via an Agency X so i am a contractor

Payslips - I get paid through another payroll company which is subcontracted to do the admin work, issue payslips and make payments. They are not associated with the Agency X

My questions

- As i receive payslips/payments from the payroll company do i have to obtain an employment letter from them ?

- If i can receive the employment letter from the payroll company, do they mention i am their employee via the Agency X as a contractor?

- Or do i obtain an employment letter from Agency X? As technically i got the job at the company through them and the payroll company was just used for issuance of payslips and payments.

This has being a nagging doubt as i can provide an employment letter from Agency X but it will have different name on the payslips when it is issued by the payroll company

Can someone please advise as i am sure people have being in this situation before

Many thanks