ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR LR Visa application form asking for partner's documents(Please Help)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sagarbalani92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR LR Visa application form asking for partner's documents(Please Help)

Post by sagarbalani92 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:27 pm

Hello everyone.

ILR LR Visa application form (Please Help)
I entered the UK on the 22nd of June 2011 technically my 10 years are completed on 21st June 2021
I am thinking to apply for the ILR LR on the 1st of May 2021 with a super-priority appointment between 26th of May to 28th of May (which is with 10 years minus 28 days). Is it okay with a timeline?

I recently visited Pakistan and registered my marriage in November 2020 however I am not applying for my wife’s visa as yet and she has no immigration history in the UK. but when I declare in the form that I am married it is asking the following questions?

Then in the Current Partner section:

Does (Partner Name) have any Home Office No
reference numbers?
Ans: No

Do you and your partner currently live together?
Ans: No

Why do you not live with your partner?
Ans: I recently got married and my wife is in Pakistan she
is completing her studies in Pakistan. Once that is done she will plan to come to the UK.

Do you and your partner intend to live together in the UK?
Ans: yes

Give more details, including where and when you intend to live in the UK?
Ans: She is about to complete her studies in Pakistan and then she will work there for a couple of months to get some real-life experience in her field. after that, she is intending to come to the UK somewhere around November 2021. We will be living together at my current address in London.

Documents:

Evidence you have to prove the relationship
with (Partner Name) (for example marriage
certificates), and correspondence addressed
either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or
addressed individually to you at the same
address, to cover the last two years

Proof of Mr xxxxxxx relationship status as
the married or civil partner of (Partner Name)

Document(s) showing (My Partners)
immigration status such as a passport,
biometric residence card, or vignette

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay
in the UK

The passport issued by Pakistan for Mr xxxxx

Current Biometric Residence Permit Mr xxxxx

All previous passports travel documents or
national identity cards that you have used to
travel to or remain in the UK

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR LR Visa application form asking for partner's documents(Please Help)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:52 pm

Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. You should only apply when you complete 10 years minus 28 days (i.e. when you are eligible) AND to be on the safe side book biometrics appointment only when you complete full 10 years ideally. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 day lag anyways.
Ignore the partner documents. The checklist is generic. For SET(LR) you do not need them.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:42 pm

None of those relationship-related questions are important. Long residence ILR has nothing to do with your partner/children as you must qualify on your own and their status is not relevant.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sagarbalani92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sagarbalani92 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:10 pm

Thank you very much, Dear Cullinan and Zimba.

on the checklist, it says all documents need to be selected. but based on your advice I will ignore this and I will only send my personal documents.

but in regards to the application date, I read on the forum that they consider the application if the appointment date is within 28 days or less before completing the actual 10 years and I also queried this with one solicitor he said OKay as well.

The reason for my early application is I have to travel to Pakistan in the 1st week of June. Please can you advise if there is any precedent of refusal on the early application but appointment within 28 days?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

sagarbalani92 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:10 pm

on the checklist, it says all documents need to be selected. but based on your advice I will ignore this and I will only send my personal documents.

but in regards to the application date, I read on the forum that they consider the application if the appointment date is within 28 days or less before completing the actual 10 years and I also queried this with one solicitor he said OKay as well.

The reason for my early application is I have to travel to Pakistan in the 1st week of June. Please can you advise if there is any precedent of refusal on the early application but appointment within 28 days?
ILR can be granted if you are eligible on the day of decision
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sagarbalani92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sagarbalani92 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm
sagarbalani92 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:10 pm

ILR can be granted if you are eligible on the day of decision
Thank you so much, Dear Zimba.

and One last thing my current status is Tier 1 Ent and my visa history has been

Tier 4 from 2011 to 2017
Tier 2 From 2017 to 2019
Tier 1 From Aug 2019 to Aug 2022

Do I need to provide them with any documents in regards to my Tier1? or do they ask or check anything under ILR LR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:03 pm

No unless they ask for it