ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences from the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Absences from the UK

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:16 am

Hello
I’m posting this question on behalf of my friend
He came into uk in 2007
He was absent for over 580 days in the last 5 years
Do we still need to count 450 even if he lived in the uk for over 14 years or there is different counts for them days ? Thank you 🙏

vinny

Re: Absences from the UK

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:21 am

The date of the application sets the requirements period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:33 am

See also the discretions in the Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:30 am

Keep in mind that they must have been physically present in the UK at the start of the five year period immediately preceding the date of application. On that point, there is no discretion.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.